3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Micro-Flite 7?  (Read 306 times)

Offline Longbow58

• Trad Bowhunter
Micro-Flite 7?
« on: May 01, 2016, 05:01:00 PM »
Micro-Flite 7 wooden arrows...ever heard of them?

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Micro-Flite 7?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 05:19:00 PM »
They were fiberglass-Hap

Offline yeager

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 05:21:00 PM »
I still have eleven of the dozen  Micro-Flite 7's I bought around 1970.  These were fiberglass like Hap said. Never heard of wood Micro-Flites.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Wisconsin Bowhunter Assoc lifetime member
P&Y Club, Official Measurer

Offline Longbow58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 05:40:00 PM »
Ok just a guess they were wood. Were some numbered K8? Got a few with that on the shaft and I think they are fiberglass.

Offline Longbow58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »
Ok just a guess they were wood. Were some numbered K8? Got a few with that on the shaft and I think they are fiberglass.

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 06:23:00 PM »
I have some number 12 Microflites that half wood.  They flew real nice out of my 96 pound longbows.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 06:49:00 PM »
Microflites where the glass shaft all others were measured against. More consistent than wood but not as expensive as aluminum. They were my first hunting arrow as well. Compound bows kind of killed them off. Like wood they were rumored to explode in wheel bows. That of course was BS. I shot both from my 70# wheel bow. Last I heard the machines were bought up and being used to make tent poles.
I ran across some of the old inserts while moving, discarded them.

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 07:05:00 PM »
I sanded some cedar arrows, spun them with two sand paper blocks until they would just barely slide into the shafts, about 12' worth and then glued the last bit only.  I tapered them with a sanding disc jig.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 07:57:00 PM »
Longbow58.  K8 is a spine designation used by a different manufacturer.  Can't remember the name right now.  I don't remember Micro-flites ever getting a bad rap for blowing up on compounds.  They did have a tendency to mushroom on the end on hard hits with the insert being driven back into the shaft a ways.

Offline eidsvolling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 08:24:00 PM »
K8 was a designation used by Dura-Flite and indicates the spine for a 55/60 pound draw weight back when these were made. I have a few of these. FWIW, they shoot well out of my 52# Kodiak Magnum when drawn to 29".

They are excellent and durable shafts. Like the Micro-Flites, they will splinter if they hit something hard with sufficient force. I don't hesitate to use them for that reason.

Offline Longbow58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 07:59:00 PM »
Thanks for all the info guys a member of my archery club gave them to me to give to someone. Not knowing what they were I needed to ask. Now I need to find them a home.

Offline Longbow58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 08:22:00 PM »
Thanks for all the info guys a member of my archery club gave them to me to give to someone. Not knowing what they were I needed to ask. Now I need to find them a home.

Offline eidsvolling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 07:38:00 AM »
Originally posted by Longbow58:
Sent you a PM.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©