3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wolfer  (Read 558 times)

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
Wolfer
« on: May 08, 2016, 06:47:00 PM »
Hey all you Wolfer shooters out here , how you like them ?
Dan Breen

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wolfer
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 07:10:00 PM »
I dont have one, but have shot my buddy Tim Antoine's (Night Stalker.) Real slick little bow from what ive shot it. Hes killed some turkeys and pigs with it maybe he will chime in shortly.
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline deerhunter_w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 07:28:00 PM »
Like Dalton. I have shot Tim Antoine's. Nice little bow. Shoots hard.

Jeff
58" Tall Tines 49@28
58" Centaur Triple Carbon Elite 50@27
64" stickflinger 50@28
Professional Bowhunters Society

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »
If I had only one choice of a bow to take to the zombie wars, the Wolfer would be it.  It's a rugged, dependable bow.  Just recurved enough to add a little speed, but not enough to be finicky.  The two pieces fit well in the side pockets of a backpack, which is how Dick Robertson designed the bow.  The connection between the two pieces is solid, and adds a little desirable weight to the handle.  The riser section is very short, allowing longer draw lengths on a 58" bow.  Every one of these features has an upside and a downside.  It was designed to be the ultimate back country backpacking bow, and if that's what you want it for, then you'll appreciate the upsides and probably won't be bothered by the downsides.  It may not be quite as fast or quite as stable as some of my other bows, but I'll bet if my backpack ever goes over a waterfall and has to be retrieved downstream somewhere, I could put it together and it would still work.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 07:25:00 AM »
It is a fickle little bow to shoot but once you get use to the grip, it shoots accurately. It measures about 55 inches tip to tip. What McDave said, it is a neet  little bow. I have shot turkey, hogs and whitetail with it it.  It packs a wallop, I have shot many short bows and never found one to my liking because of my 29 inch draw but the Wolfer limbs are different.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 08:46:00 AM »
I have one and it took a little to get used to handle...but after that it shot like a dream.  I actually put down my longbow last year and took it on my bear hunt in Sask.  It is the first bow under 60" that I could draw without finger pinch or stacking out to 29.5 inches or beyond if excited...  :)  

It shoots fast....and loves a heavy arrow.  I shot 200 gr Grizzly Kodiaks on doug fir arrows.

The bolt connection is solid and secure and has not loosened up a bit in almost 18 months.  Great little bow.  

I actually shot my bear right after entering stand on final day of hunt....and it was warm...so I ended up packing my bow up and hiking 4 miles out to contact guide on cell to come early to get me and the bear.  GREAT BOW!!!

Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 07:31:00 PM »
TTT