3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Total Cut on Broadhead/ Question  (Read 969 times)

Offline FlintNSteel

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Total Cut on Broadhead/ Question
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2016, 08:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by Shadowhnter:
 Whether a 1 1/16" hole or 3" hole is cut through the lungs, the animal will go the same distance.
And the same goes for a bad hit.  A couple years ago a guy on our lease made a gut shot on a large buck with one of those 3-blade spring open heads that cut an absolutely huge hole.  The arrow passed through.  The deer was shot in the evening.  It was left overnight.  There was no trail of anything...blood, gut tissue, etc at all.  I started to do a pure body search and found it about 300 yards away at 1PM and it was still alive.  It was so sick it didn't want to move and not being armed myself I got the original shooter back to finish it.  He made a perfect shot with another one of those heads and it sprung up and ran about 70 yards before collapsing.

From this incident I concluded that these overly large heads are of no practical value.  Choose a head of adequate size for the game and the bow/arrow setup and make your best shot.
"In a land painted by our Maker's hand, teeming with wildlife, where but here can a man know such freedom?"  Primal Dreams

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©