3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: lack of traditional shows?  (Read 630 times)

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: lack of traditional shows?
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 03:48:00 PM »
Who spends money on cable/ dish to start with. Make you pay to watch their commercials. No thanks. I watch from time to time KY Afield and this is a kind of show where good traditional content may be aired. On the regular channels? No chance to educate the techno wizards on things they cannot grasp.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 10:18:00 AM »
I'm not sure, but I think I found the solution for me. I pretty much quit watching TV.

I'm getting very disgusted with the way we Americans let big money ram advertising down our throats. I can't watch a weather report on the evening news cast without it being broken into at least 3 parts separated by previews of news events they are going to tell us about later and countless advertising. Same with the hunting shows - they are nothing but "info-mmercials) with far more advertising than program and even the program is crammed full of product pitch.

I now prefer by far reading and listening to the radio. As tecum-tha said above, there are still a few good programs, but you really have to search them out.

I was born American and intend to remain one, but I spent 20 years (over a 30 year period) living in other parts of the world. Germany, for example, is typically branded a "police state", but I far preferred watching TV there where they make the basic assumption that you have at least average intelligence and have a longer than 2-3 minute attention span. News reports were just that - not editorials. Germany did not, and still does not allow archery hunting, which accounts for my late entry into Trad hunting. Still, hunting was a wonderful experience for me over there without all the "hooraw" hunters and high tech gadgets. Mostly because of the high cost, I guess, only the dedicated hunters were out in the woods. Unfortunately, only with guns.

Eventually the TV networks will probably lose all the Trad hunters who prefer the peace and quiet in the woods to all the marketing hype being thrown at us.

Sorry for the rant. It just slips out once in a while   :(
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 10:51:00 AM »
It is all a numbers game, and we trad shooters just don't have them. That's O.K. by me.
Sam

Offline Lady Frost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2016, 11:31:00 AM »
Originally posted by woodchucker:
It's all about "sponsors"... There's no money in traditional bow hunting. Folks make thier own gear, shoot the same bows for years, and simply don't try to "buy" thier way to success. Just look at the Super Bowl!!! A 4 hour show, for a hour long football game... It's all about the commercials!    :(  
Amen, WC, that sums it up!

I like things the way they are, don't want it too commercialized anyway.
My cup runneth over

Traditional Bowhunters of GA
North GA Traditional Archery Club
South GA Traditional Archery and Primitive Skills Club

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©