3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: When Is The St. Jude Auction?  (Read 418 times)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
When Is The St. Jude Auction?
« on: May 18, 2016, 11:11:00 AM »
On the St. Jude site all I can see is that days will be forthcoming.  Do we have any idea when that might be?  I'm trying to line up a nice donation,  but would like to be able to say when this might happen.

Usually around the end of this month,  correct?
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: When Is The St. Jude Auction?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 11:24:00 AM »
I thought that I read somewhere that it opened the 25th of this month.

Offline dringge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 06:51:00 PM »
Im a new guy. Ive been trying to figure this out but am lost. Hows it work? Where might I find St Jude Auction 101?
NRA Life Member

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 08:04:00 PM »
Just above this forum there is a big yellow banner that says "Click here to Leap to the 2016 St Jude Listing Forum".  Do that, and you will see the start of what is on tap for this year.

Here is a description I found from prior years auctions that should serve as a primer for you:

Anyone is welcome and encouraged to participate, both as a donor and/or a bidder on as many items as you can.  Listings are being collected and you can post them now.  But bidding won't begin until the official start time.  Don't post on any items description prior to the start of the auction - for right now, just list your donated items.

Donors
List your donations on the "Listing Forum", follow the instructions at the top. Don’t forget to state if you are covering shipping to the winner or not.

Please keep an eye on your listing(s) during the auction so you can answer questions if needed.

After the Auction you will need to communicate with the winner and make arrangements for getting the item to the winner after payment is made.

Please, no 3rd party listings.

Bidders

If your interested in an item just post your bids like you were posting on a thread in Pow-Wow or anywhere else.

I'm going to ask you to please stick to these minimum bid increments again this year. While it might be fun to bid in very small increments but it is a real nightmare at the end of the auction. Thanks
Items up to $10 -- .50
Items $10 - $100 -- $1
Items over $100 -- $5

After the Auction

OK guys and gals here’s what is gonna happen. At the deadline we will lock down all the threads then we'll go thru and list the winners with totals. Please be patient.

You will need to pay via paypal, check or M/O, written to St Jude Children’s Research Hospital As we receive payments we’ll post on the thread, "payment received" and that it’s OK to ship items. The winner and donor will need to be in contact with each other to make sure everything happens the way it’s supposed to. You can click on each other's handle and either email or PM from the Profile screen.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 08:12:00 PM »
Once the bidding begins it functions as a silent auction format.  You simply post your bids on any items you wish.  Once the deadline hits the high bidder wins the item.  Every nickel of auction proceeds goes directly to St. Jude Children's Hospital.  

Elkken has a current thread running that gives a lot of great background info on St. Jude and the fantastic work that they do.  Here is a link to that thread:
 http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=149727

Once the bidding gets going it can become quite competitive in some cases, and watching the action is almost as much fun as bidding yourself.  It is all in good fun, and you will be amazed at some of the generosity that is demonstrated eery year, both from donors and bidders.

Don't miss out!  Start browsing now, post some items if you can.  Every little bit helps - nothing is too small to list.  It is the most fun time of the entire year here on Trad Gang!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 10:50:00 AM »
Love seeing all the posts about the Annuall st. Jude Auction here at trad gang. I don't post much during the year anymore but I am around and vocal when the auction is on. The bad thing is I alway procrastinate on getting my offers pictured and posting them (after using the good sense to gather them throughout the preceding year - LOL). However I finally got my pics taken in the last two days  - and actually got started posting them this AM. Hope to finish today or tomorrow, if my eyes and brain will keep on working - LOL.

Keep up the good work of promoting and informing about our annual auction for the St. Jude Childrens' Research Hospital. it is a very special part of TradGang and so very important to the kids of St. Jude. Bless you all, bless us all.
  :campfire:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 11:58:00 AM »
ITS ALMOST HERE....OPENS THE 25TH !!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 08:38:00 PM »
Finally finished tonight - one of these days I'll learn not to wait 'til the last minute and then have everything else pile up on me at the same time - LOL    :clapper:    :biglaugh:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©