3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New 'curve is in!  (Read 307 times)

Offline Chris Pharr

• Trad Bowhunter
New 'curve is in!
« on: May 24, 2016, 03:41:00 PM »

And it's a Bear takedown!  I was debating awhile back over a TD vs a Predator,  TD won the debate. Limb interchangeability won the argument for me.
I went with an A riser with 62#, no.1 limbs in black maple. Shoots real nice,  feels a lot flatter shooting than my 55# Grizzly.

A spine question for any and all. Here we go. As stated before,  62# @28", I draw 29"; 400 spine gt hunters,  31.125" BOP to valley of nock,  1.75" 2117 alum footing,  standard insert,  290 grain field point,  factory D97(I believe) string. Does this sound about right to anyone else?  Bareshafts have a little wobble down range to 20, but group pretty consistent with fletched shafts.
So far I'm loving it. Grip is much slimmer feeling than my Grizzly and feels higher wristed as well. Takedown system is awesome,  I love being able to stuff the entire bow into a 3x24 nylon stuff bag I've got and not needing any tools to assemble.
I think all it needs now is a good FF string,  I'm sure I can find someone here to help with that   ;)
60% of the time,  it works every time

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: New 'curve is in!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 03:59:00 PM »
Nice bow.  At that draw/arrow length and point weight, I think the .400s might be a little light.  .340s might work better.

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 05:54:00 PM »
Very nice bow congrats, welcome to takedowns.
Agree with 340 spine especially with that much front end weight.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline Chris Pharr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 10:35:00 PM »
I'm thoroughly enjoying the new bow. It's pretty sweet. This is my second riser though,  my first one had some really ugly (IMO) birthmarks,  but 3 rivers took care of it.

As far as my arrows go, I'm trying to maintain around 9 gpp and I like the way they fly with the EFOC. The wobble I mentioned earlier was more porpoise-y when bareshafting. I'm wondering what the effect of longer alum footings has on dynamic spine. With the 1.75" footings,  I effectively have a 29.375" shaft,  from the back of footing to valley of nock,  if I'm thinking about this correctly.

Either way,  all I've got now are my 400's and I'll just keep flinging them till I loose them or bust them.
60% of the time,  it works every time

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 10:43:00 PM »
Congrats!!!
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 06:59:00 AM »
Congrats...I'm gonna pick one of these up pretty soon.
Aim small...Miss small!!

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 09:23:00 PM »
Good lookin' stick!

Bisch

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©