3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: IBO Trad Worlds  (Read 770 times)

Offline pappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: IBO Trad Worlds
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 04:03:00 AM »
There will be 3 for the IBO with 20 targets each and 25 on the Hunter Challenge range. The Hunter Challenge you can shoot first round for score and then wear yourself out.
 Pappy
TwinOaks founding member
Selfbows rule
Home of the Tennessee Classic

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2016, 09:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by huskyarcher:
Im shooting until my fingers bleed every evening after work, cant wait till the shoot. The wife and i are very excited.

How many courses are there? And how many targets per course?
Like pappy said, the IBO course is made up of 3-20 target courses. You have to shoot Course A and Course B on Fri and Sat (They can be shot in the same day). Only the top 10 in each class get to shoot Course C on Sunday.

Then there is the 25 target Hunters Challenge course. You can shoot this course all you want, but the first round is the scoring round that can get you into the Shootdown on Saturday night!

It is really like 2 different tournaments at the same place on the same weekend. You will be able to shoot till your fingers bleed if you want!

Bisch

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2016, 12:37:00 PM »
Busted....   :(

Pappy, if ya'll need anything let me know and I'll do my best to have it for you.

See you either Wednesday or Thursday!

Offline jackdaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2016, 10:14:00 PM »
How many shooters / competitors are there typically..??? This really sounds awesome!  I  love to compete, even if I get smoked..!!!! Where is it located at again?
John Getz:........... Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like bananas.
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 51#
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 47#
67'1/2  BEAR SUPER K  44#
WILSON BROTHERS BLACK WIDOW 60" 45#
LONGRIVER ELK 62" LONGBOW 53#
1967 WING 62" SLIMLINE 43#

Offline pappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 03:45:00 AM »
Look forward to it Chad, We had around 450 last year in the Hunter Challenge, down a bit from when we did it 2 years earlier but hope it is back up this year, and over 200 in the IBO World portion of the event, like Bisch said it is like 2 shoots in one event, some just don't care for the IBO side for some reason so we always have more on the TwinOaks Hunter Challenge. Some shoot both but a fair guess on total people numbers around 500.
 Pappy
TwinOaks founding member
Selfbows rule

Offline jackdaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 05:56:00 PM »
Thx Pappy....the hunter challenge sounds awesome! Actually they both do! 500 shooters is nothing to sneeze at......!!! It's a little bit far for me, perhaps 12 -13 hours....But doable!
John Getz:........... Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like bananas.
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 51#
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 47#
67'1/2  BEAR SUPER K  44#
WILSON BROTHERS BLACK WIDOW 60" 45#
LONGRIVER ELK 62" LONGBOW 53#
1967 WING 62" SLIMLINE 43#

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 06:18:00 PM »
I just spent the last 2 days setting up the IBO Mid America shoot here in Austin at the Austin Archery Club! Same basic format as the IBO Trad World shoot. What stinks is I may not even be able to shoot because my left arm has nerve damage and is all jacked up right now!!!! I sure hope it fixes itself before the IBO Trad World shoot because I would hate to have to miss that one!

Bisch

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2016, 09:18:00 PM »
A gifted event filled with traditional mystique, camaraderie, a multitude of opportunities to make new meaningful friendships, revisit with old friends and share the dream for both the competitive and noncompetitive traditional archer.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline T. W. Harris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2016, 06:46:00 AM »
Amen, Friend!!!

Terry Harris

Offline Basinboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2016, 03:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bisch:
I just spent the last 2 days setting up the IBO Mid America shoot here in Austin at the Austin Archery Club! Same basic format as the IBO Trad World shoot. What stinks is I may not even be able to shoot because my left arm has nerve damage and is all jacked up right now!!!! I sure hope it fixes itself before the IBO Trad World shoot because I would hate to have to miss that one!

Bisch
Hope your arm is healed up before the shoot Bisch!
I'm not likely going to make this shoot either due to my knee injury. Had surgery Wednesday, they repaired 5 torn ligaments so I doubt I'll be ready for them hills by then.
For those that are going, you will have a blast!
Primal Tech Longbow 42#@26” 62” amo
Palmer Longbow 43#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 48@26" 58" amo
Osage Selfbow 38#@26” 64” amo

PBS Associate Member
Compton Member

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2016, 10:00:00 PM »
I was just minutes from there this morning but had to head on home. I hope to go there in the future as I've heard what a fine place it is. Hope you heel quick Corey and hate you couldn't make it. Some folks like music, food and fine wine but there aint nuttin like wathin a man that can shoot a stick. And you could have shined at that event. Is the Doc gonna keep you out of the Elk woods?

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2016, 12:43:00 AM »
We will be there. Wearing our Legends Bows shirts. Tap me on the shoulder and say hi.
IBO Worlds is always a great event and Twin Oaks knows how to do it right.

Offline pappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2016, 04:51:00 AM »
Thanks, Guys.
 Pappy
TwinOaks founding member
Selfbows rule

Offline Basinboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2016, 07:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by Possum Head:
I was just minutes from there this morning but had to head on home. I hope to go there in the future as I've heard what a fine place it is. Hope you heel quick Corey and hate you couldn't make it. Some folks like music, food and fine wine but there aint nuttin like wathin a man that can shoot a stick. And you could have shined at that event. Is the Doc gonna keep you out of the Elk woods?
Yes the Dr is trying to keep me from making my elk hunt! I know I should follow the Dr's orders but it's killing me to miss this annual trip. I so look forward to this every year. I'm going to see how my knee is feeling in two months. I'm thinking I might just go and hang around base camp  :)
Primal Tech Longbow 42#@26” 62” amo
Palmer Longbow 43#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 48@26" 58" amo
Osage Selfbow 38#@26” 64” amo

PBS Associate Member
Compton Member

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2016, 09:52:00 PM »
Yeah right!

Online 9 Shocks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2016, 10:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by Basinboy:

Originally posted by Bisch:

Bisch
Hope your arm is healed up before the shoot Bisch!
I'm not likely going to make this shoot either due to my knee injury. Had surgery Wednesday, they repaired 5 torn ligaments so I doubt I'll be ready for them hills by then.
For those that are going, you will have a blast! [/b]
Im in the same boat.  Im only 26 and have had 2 wrist surgeries, finger surgery, and now possibly elbow surgery.  I need my arms, dangit!
60” Bear Mag Takedown 47@28
58” Schafer Silvertip recurve 47@27
58" Primaltech Longbow 48@28

Offline pappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2016, 03:50:00 AM »
Man sorry about all your problems, hope all goes well for you guys.
 Pappy
TwinOaks founding member
Selfbows rule

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©