3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fury string material  (Read 1666 times)

Offline mt-tom

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fury string material
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 09:53:00 PM »
I really really like the fury string I got from Allen. Like it so much, I got a spare from him.

Tom

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 05:51:00 AM »
Mike, shoot me a PM and I will give you some strand count/serving sizes to start with.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2016, 08:54:00 AM »
Oops, I didn't see that Chad gave you some strand count/serving info above.  Best of luck with it.  Let me know if I can help further.

Offline Hankem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2016, 07:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by LBR:
Hankem, if you care to look it wasn't my post that sidetracked the discussion.

I said in my first post on this topic I prefer BCY.

For the record, my first reply is very much on topic.  No, I haven't used the Fury brand, but I have used SK90 bowstring material.  Changing the brand name of a material won't change it's characteristics.

If there's a problem with any of the facts I listed, please let me know so I can make corrections.

Chad
I think the problem is too many facts & your promotion of BCY products. That and dominating a man's thread when a guy simply asked what guys thought of Fury string..... looks to me like you are bowing your own horn a bit much here...   :dunno:    :dunno:

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2016, 08:11:00 PM »
Too many facts?     :rolleyes:

Allrightythen.

:biglaugh:      :laughing:      :dunno:

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2016, 10:16:00 PM »
One thing I always take note of is member number and post count when deciding how much credibility to give to a post...the way I see it is:

LBR  #236 and 5593

Hankem   #44738 and 27

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2016, 11:34:00 PM »
^^^    :thumbsup:

Offline Dale in Pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2016, 10:21:00 AM »
Right on Dave.

Offline Hankem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2016, 12:33:00 PM »
It doesn't take many posts to see self promotion, and trying to pedal BCY materials rather than Brownell......

Credibility?  Good god... it doesn't take any credibility to see what's going on here... Its obvious.     :saywhat:

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2016, 12:41:00 PM »
I think the problem is too many facts...  
:bigsmyl:

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2016, 01:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hankem:
It doesn't take many posts to see self promotion, and trying to pedal BCY materials rather than Brownell......

Credibility?  Good god... it doesn't take any credibility to see what's going on here... Its obvious.      :saywhat:  
you clearly seem to have an attitude problem and perhaps some self-serving agenda.  dunno, don't care.  

your attacks on LBR and BCY are totally unsubstantiated and are at the least slanderous.  

within this thread, i haven't read where LBR is at the least knocking brownell, but he did give info about both that company and BCY that y'all should read and understand.

for the most part, modern string materials are typically ALL some flavor of HMPE.  when i was a custom bowstring maker, i used products from both companies and they were ALL good, just take yer pick.  to say that one SPECIFIC string material is better than another, when BOTH companies are essentially offering the SAME base product material, makes me wonder a bit.  

now, this has nothing to do with either LBR, BCY or brownell - but yer classless attitude and abrasive posts are something we don't allow at trad gang. y'all think about that for awhile, 'k?
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Jasper2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2016, 01:47:00 PM »
Right on Rob! But please scold LBR as well....I'm tired of him adding facts to his posts, they just cloud my judgment ;-)
Take care,
Jason

56" Centaur Chimera 50#@27"

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2016, 01:54:00 PM »
ok - LBR, please stop informing the membership about bowstring materials ..... NOT!  :D

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2016, 03:40:00 PM »
Rob if you feel you to delete this thread by all means go ahead. I didn't mean for it to turn into this.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2016, 03:43:00 PM »
this thread is just fine, save for a few mean intentioned posts by that other feller, but thank you for your thought.

:campfire:

Offline Sawpilot 75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2016, 03:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by damascusdave:
One thing I always take note of is member number and post count when deciding how much credibility to give to a post...the way I see it is:

LBR  #236 and 5593

Hankem   #44738 and 27

DDave
Very well said Sir.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2016, 04:52:00 PM »
Thanks men--much appreciated!

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2016, 07:02:00 PM »
Plus, not that I think LBR is doing it, but sponsors, if they want to, can self promote here, that's why we pay to be sponsors.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2016, 07:56:00 AM »
To get back to the original question after sifting through a whole lot of nothing here:

I've got a couple of Fury strings from Allen at Ten Ring Strings on my Steve Turay Northern Mist Shelton. They're a great string. My prediction is you'll be very happy with Fury, especially if you get them from Allen.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2016, 08:30:00 AM »
Originally posted by shed hunter:
Sorry fellas for starting a sore topic. I've got some fury string material coming and wanna start making my own strings. So I was just wanting to know some about strings on how they faired.  Could someone tell me how to figure out how many strings you should use on different bows?
Shed,

You will likely be happy with anywhere from 10 to 20 strands. You will simply need to figure out which serving size to go with for proper nock fit. If I may add take a lot of notes when you start building your strings.

Have fun in learning to build your own strings. It is really easy to make a quality string with a little practice. String making is like shooting your bow, consistency is the key.

Your Fury string will be fine. I use BCY do to the fact that a good friend gave me a lifetime supply. Good luck and have fun.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©