3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2007 Wensel Brothers Cabin Fever Hunts!  (Read 5558 times)

Offline David Neils - Colorado

• Trad Bowhunter
2007 Wensel Brothers Cabin Fever Hunts!
« on: December 14, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »
I know this has been posted as part of other Javelina and Hog hunts but I wanted to ensure everyone who visits this forum is aware of this incredible opportunity.

I was lucky enough to get one of the spots on the 2006 Cabin Fever hunts and I'm going back in February for Hunt #3. You can check out the different hunt options at:

http://www.brothersofthebow.com/html/cabinfeverhunts.html

Not only is this a fantastic hunt with the Wensel Brothers but it happens at a time of year when most of us are simply watching the calendar, waiting for the next big game season.

There are eight openings left for the hunt I'm signed up for. I'm not sure about the other hunts.

I hope to see some of you there. I'll be in a white Dodge Truck with a popup camper. I'll be driving from Fort Collins, Colorado.

David
David Neils
Fort Collins, Colorado

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2007 Wensel Brothers Cabin Fever Hunts!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 06:23:00 PM »
sounds like a great deal. How would you handle all the meat?
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline David Neils - Colorado

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »
Last year we ate the Javelina in camp that I harvested. This year I'll take extra coolers down with me. You can send a note to the Wensel brothers via the link above and ask them for recommendations.

For $575, including dinners, you can't beat this hunt.

It's worth that price just to hear the Wensel brothers tell stories of their African hunts.
David Neils
Fort Collins, Colorado

Offline The Singing Bowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »
David,

My brother and I will be there the third week. How long a drive is it from Colorado?

I will be the guy with the oversized campsite and camo guitar....
Shoot Straight,
Chad K. Slagle

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »
Great price...wish there were a lot more hunts around with such a reasonable price tag.
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline Tyler Carlson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »
David- Nice to see you on here! Dad and I were thinking about doing the #3 hunt this year also, but it doesn't look like we're gonna make it at all. It could've been kind of like a reunion from the 2006 second week hunt! Maybe we'll see you down there again in '08. Tyler--(the young guy in camp who got the "shi*-end of the stick"(gene's words, not mine)
"The desert's quiet and Cleveland's cold..."

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 05:59:00 AM »
David,

Where is the other thread that talks about these hunts?  I am thinking about going the first week and want to read anything else I can find on it.

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »
What's the closest town(s) to these hunts ? Wondering about drive-time.

Thanks
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »
I was also wondering about location. Texas is a big state.

Offline mbbushman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 06:11:00 PM »
I'd love to go on one of these, but need local partners to make it work. Fuel prices would kill me if I had to drive down on my own. Maybe next year.

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 10:47:00 PM »
Tyler, I was on the hunt with you last year, there were three of us in the RV, we are planning on the 4th hunt this year, would'nt miss that hunt for anything! Anyone who is thinking about it should really try to make it, Gene and Barry are really good down to earth guys.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 12:04:00 AM »
Regarding the questions on locations, Hunt #1 & 2 are near a town called Benavides, TX which is about halfway between Corpus Christi and Laredo. Hunts #3 & #4 are near a town called Artesia Wells, TX about halfway between San Antonio and Laredo. The hunts are a lot of fun and could be a great Christmas present from your family. Anyone interested in hunting with us and sharing a campfire feel free to contact me. Merry Christmas to all. BW

Offline Bacote Kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:00 AM »
JAvalina and hawg littered part of the state. Classic South Texas Brush Country. May need some snake boots if the weather is warm. Lotsa those little friendly critters we call Rattle Snakes. Benavides also has killer deer hunting, but Artesia Wells is in Lasalle County. Monster racks over that way. That is part of the South Texas Golden Triangle. Too bad they don't have deer hunts for $575 huh...
Bob Lee Heavy Weight. Burled Bubinga/Black Micarta 55# @ 28". 58"

Offline Christopher Horsman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »
My buddy and I are coming in from Florida for the 1st hunt. Pretty pumped. Waitin` on my confirmation HINT HINT

BTW do they corn the roads or run feeders or just spot and stalk? Is there lots of bunnies?
All I want on my headstone is:-
He was a good Daddy.

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 10:30:00 PM »
Chris: I've been trying to contact you. you have earthlink.com on here and earthlink.net on your registration form. Got you penciled in either way. No problem. Merry Christmas. BW

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 10:49:00 PM »
Barry,

I have my vacation request in for my boss to approve in the morning.  I will confirm with you as soon as he gives me th OK.  

C.H. are you guys driving?  I am shooting for Hunt #1 as well and was hoping to buddy up on a rental car with someone else flying in or to pitch in on food with someone who is driving.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 06:49:00 AM »
Yeah man, we`re drivin`. To me thats half the fun. Keep in touch and we`ll do what we can to help you out.
He was a good Daddy.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 04:20:00 PM »
OK, I'm approved and the check will be in the mail tommorrow.  Haven't hunted hogs before...I'm open to advise  :D  

Christopher--I will p.m. you.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 11:00:00 PM »
Best advise is shoot em til dead, clean well, bar b que and enjoy. Repeat often.
He was a good Daddy.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »
I'm in!  I can't believe it, but my girlfriend booked this for me for Christmas!!!! Is that not the absolute best present a guy could get?? What a surprise.  Kinda makes me feel bad though, since I did not get her anything nearly this good, and had no idea that she was working on sending me pig hunting.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.  Barry, I sent you an email about getting the exact date whenever you get a chance!  I know you are probably about full.  I'm still giddy about the whole thing, and can't wait!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©