3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hello from the land of cheese heads  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hello from the land of cheese heads
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2007, 08:15:00 AM »
Well here's to arriving home safe and happy!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
Well home safe and sound. 13 1/2 hour drive home. Not too bad i suppose. Passed thru a lot of good looking land in southern Wisconsin.

Orion I found everything you said to be true.

I've hunted it 2 years in a row now without drawing my bow back. That's hard hunting when you are used to seeing deer nearly every day. I called my bro on the way home this evening. He hunted last night and had one small buck and 6 flatheads in shooting distance..more chances than 4 of us had in Wisc in 6 days of hunting mornings and evenings. My hat is off to those who can take deer out of there on a regular basis.

But..the week wasn't just about hunting it was about visiting George, lounging in his beautiful cabin by the lake, making and eating lots of good food and seeing lots of beautiful scenery. In that respect it was a Boone and Crockett huting trip.

I'll post some pics tomorrow. Haven't even unpacked the truck yet and the camera is outside.

Good to be home.

Frank and Shell...did you hear me yell out the window when we passed by? LOL
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »
Yep sure did. We been standing outside since 5AM  :eek:    :bigsmyl: .LOL  We do plan on doing everything we can to make it to a shoot next year that you and Dianne will be at. Don't know why but got this powerful urge to meet you guys.  :eek:    :bigsmyl:  <><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »
Great to see you two made it home safe.

Frank, once you meet Mickey and Dianne, you'll say "Dang!!! That Mickey has fine taste in women"  :bigsmyl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »
That would be great Frank

Danos right .... I got really really lucky    :bigsmyl:  

How about beginning with a nice Wisconsin sunrise?

There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2007, 11:07:00 PM »
Looks nice and warm...where are the palm trees?

Killdeer  :)
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »
This is our cordial host George Nagel aka OL '46..a better friend and hunting partner would be hard to find

and George's hideaway spot/hunting cabin/retirement nest right on the lake which borders tons of state hunting land

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »
Killy this is as close to Palm Trees as they have up there... and it's not as warm as it looks haha

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2007, 11:16:00 PM »
The shrooms were out in force. For some reason I love taking pictures of shrooms. George mentioned that he thought it had something to do with my time in the 60's    :rolleyes:  

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2007, 11:25:00 PM »
Yep, I'm pretty sure George is right.  :rolleyes:  Nice pictures anyways Mickey  :bigsmyl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2007, 11:29:00 PM »
we took our chocolate lab "Sage" (short for sweet osage) with us on this trip

He really enjoyed "scouting" and accompanying us while we shot stumps mid day.The ticks were awful both wood ticks and deer ticks and we picked a bunch off of him. Poor dog, he's never had a flea or tick before. Picked a bunch of the little deer ticks off of us too! YUK

Offline BamBooBender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2007, 11:44:00 PM »
Ferret, sounds like you had a great time anyway. Hope you don't give up on the great northwoods. I have found that most everything I knew (or thought I knew) about hunting in TX didn't apply when I moved up here.  I'm still trying to figure it all out.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Goodbye Shiner you were always a good dog.

Offline '46

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2007, 12:48:00 AM »
Glad the Lotz clan made it home safely...and in record time.
Yep, it was a Boone and Crockett hunt as far as good company, good friends, good food and a fine time was concerned.
These northern woods are BIG, as earlier said the hunting is hard and these deer are skittish as all getout, the wolves keep 'em on their toes   :(   . Up here, unless you do drives with guns, a nice deer taken with a stick and    string is a real trophy no matter the size.
The bucks'll be goofy in a week or so chances are better then.
Mickey, ya have some fine pictures there, I hope ya post a few more....Dano, he DOES have a shroom fixation, don't know what thats all about    But I do know he had long hair...when he had hair LOL   :D  
Mic, I found a familiar looking brown wool hat in my driveway this morning, I'll mail it along to you. Can't remember ever hunting with you when you wern't wearing it.
George
_------------->

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2007, 08:37:00 AM »
Why do I feel  like something is crawling on me all-of-a-sudden?  ;)

Ick I hate ticks!

Beautiful spot up there Ferrett/George.  Sounds like a nice relaxing trip.

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2007, 09:31:00 AM »
Randy, yea once you find one you feel them on you all the time even if there aren't any ha ha

Will post more pics in a bit George, we're busy unpacking. Did we really have this much stuff up there? LOL..oh and we have 2 pieces of your tupperware (left overs) we'll mail back up when we empty them.

Just took pics of about 20 turks in the back yard..one of them strutting. Will post that pic later too.

Offline Caveman IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »
Great pic's, Ferret.  Sorry about the hunting luck, but hanging w/ bud's is just as good.  Larry

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »
Sometimes we would practice shooting off the deck simulating tree stand shots

and sometimes we just walked the logging roads finding suitable targets to fling at

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2007, 10:26:00 AM »
sometimes we just picked a leaf on a dirt mound..here the Lotz clan didn't do too bad (lots of leaves ha ha)

and here Dianne showed us how it was done nailing this little stump from about 25 yards

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
Looks like a pretty good time to me, nice pics too Mickey.  I can't remember a trip to the big north woods of NH with friends that wasn't successful, whether or not we shot or saw anything, not always about killing now is it......thanks for sharing Mickey.  :thumbsup:    :campfire:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »
George and I scouting

Dianne and Sage on a walk about

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©