3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Hush is awesome!  (Read 907 times)

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bow Hush is awesome!
« on: June 11, 2016, 07:49:00 AM »
I ordered the Bow Hush silencer kit just the other day, it came in the mail late yesterday....extremely quick service. I'm sure many folks on here have use this product before, and that I'm a little late to the party. But I have to say....wow....this is not the old puffy string silencer we all grew up with. The quality of these materials is flat out superb. The instructions included are well written, and very clear. I was so impressed with this kit. I have a particular bow that can be a challenge to quiet down....I think this Bow Hush kit will simplify it. I will dress the string later this weekend. In the meantime....I cracked myself up.....I took the literature on my boat this evening as some reading material. For some reason there was an aggravating vibration going on, the bow hush literature shut it right up!

"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Hush is awesome!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 02:13:00 PM »
Wow...the girls should think seriously about making a new product called Boat Hush based on your findings

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 02:38:00 PM »
:laughing:     :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »
Maybe both!

My canoe is pretty quiet, so I only use the Bow Hush on my longbow ( I think it's the bow hush rather than the hush puppies... the puffs I tie on my longbow string) on my hybrid. Thought I'd give them a try, realizing all the reviews may possibly have been just a tiny bit biased - but in all fairness, an excellent wool silencer, at a great price, and delivered in a timely manner.

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 09:25:00 PM »
:shaka:  

That's a lot milder fix than taking a sledge hammer to it!
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 09:28:00 PM »
Boat Hush and Bow Hush  :biglaugh:

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 01:48:00 PM »
Thank you so much for your comments that's what it was developed for..... and it's my girls business which is much appreciated !!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 04:24:00 PM »
Well....I have been shooting the Bow Hush and Hush Puppy silencers since Monday morning. Probably about 60 arrows.

I have to say, in all seriousness, awesome. My beloved BW was a problem for me. It is the easiest recurve to shoot that I have ever owned. Please note that I am a longbow guy....it just didn't seem quiet enough, compared to my Whisper. Randy Gustafson made me a string last fall (Dacron, I think) and that helped. Other folks listened to me shoot, and thought it was fine. But to me it wasn't perfect.

It was bugging me that the stock BW strings were twangy (in no way is that a reflection on the bow. One of the reasons I am a longbow guy is that ALL recurves sound funny to me).

So...contrary to my nature, I followed the Bow Hush and Hush Puppy instructions to the letter. Waxed the string. Tied everything in. Dabs of Super Glue. The hard part was letting the bow rest for a day.

Immediately, on the first shot, I knew I had reached recurve perfection. My Black Widow, with a stock D97 string, is as quiet is my NM Whisper. No joke. The Hush Puppys are starting to puff out nicely, but I can tell I did something "uneven". I may trim them a bit after a 100 arrows or so.

Please don't stop making these, they are absolute perfection.

G. Fred Asbell

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »
Roger....after you shoot for a couple of weeks they should look like fat short cattails.....at that time you can trim them up to shape them up.

Thanks again for purchasing them!!!

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 05:15:00 PM »
Thanks Terry!!

G. Fred Asbell

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 08:43:00 AM »
I have hush on many of my bows its awesome stuff that works and never once gave me a problem and I'm not just saying that because its Terrys girls,,, for those who are nervous about their bows being loud and havent tried Bow hush silencers or their loop wraps really should check this stuff out.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 04:17:00 PM »
Thanks....we've had quite a run on BowHush as of late....

:notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 04:46:00 PM »
I've been telling him for years Terry, sometimes these young Irishmen take a little persuading to get things to sink in.     ;)  

Bowhush/Hush Puppies rock!
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Howard S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 01:31:00 PM »
Sure glad I found this thread.  I just ordered my 2bow set this morning.  I was gifted a Kodiak Hunter by a good friend of mine and I'm finally ready to start shooting it.   Finished a string on Saturday and went out to shoot it and thought I was shooting a banjo.  Like Roger, I'm a longbow guy and this is my first recurve so I was really surprised at how loud it was.  I'm looking forward to seeing how well Bow Hush works.
Howard

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 10:39:00 AM »
Been using it for years.  Lots of guys will say, don't waste your time, just go to the craft store and buy a whole skein of yarn for the same price.  I thought the same thing, and went to the trouble of searching the internet and sourcing what I though was comparable wool from a place out of Vermont.  I'm telling you guys, the store bought stuff and the stuff I got are not the same.  There is just something about the wool Terry uses in his carpet manufacturing.  It silences better and they make nice tight dense puff balls that look nice too.  Definitely worth giving it a try once and decide for yourself.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 08:37:00 PM »
Where the heck I got the "canoe" reference in my previous post beats even me. But then, I'm pretty "relaxed" sometimes when I get to posting here.

I've used acrylic yarn, store bought yarn, and some good wool puffs on my bows... this stuff is as good as the best, if not better. It's the nature of the wool itself. Add quality service and supporting "our own"... reinforces it.

DISCLAIMER- I didn't try it because Terry, Rob, and Charlie were the only reviews. Candidly, I was hesitant because they were. But the stuff is flat out good, at a very fair price.

Offline tzolk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 11:24:00 PM »
I'll bite.

Have a 68" Contender I need quieter. Put a Tenring string on it and it got better. Just need to fine tune it more.
64" Toelke SSLR
64” Toelke Whip SL
Great Northern Quivers only!

All the best!
Todd Z

Offline tzolk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 11:38:00 PM »
Terry,
I wanted two sets of hush puppies so I put in two seperate orders. I didn't see where you could edit quantity for one purchase. Looking forward!
64" Toelke SSLR
64” Toelke Whip SL
Great Northern Quivers only!

All the best!
Todd Z

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 09:42:00 AM »
Todd, I know you appreciate good wool    :bigsmyl:  

You will be extremely impressed with the quality of the wool in this product. I'm a wool snob...I can't recommend Bow Hush enough.

G. Fred Asbell

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 11:36:00 AM »
Not, trying to cut into Terry's sales, but I've found I can get by with using 1/2 the amount of Hush Puppy material for my puff balls.  I just split the bundle of yarn in two and follow the directions.  Allows me to do two strings with an order of Hush Puppies,  which goes nicely with an order of Bow Hush, since they already send enough of that material to do two strings also.
All depends on how you like your puff balls.   I really like the smaller compact dense balls, but if you are more into the larger cattail looking puffs, then stick to inserting the whole bundle.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©