3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Garage Sale find and Questions  (Read 271 times)

Offline Fattony77

• Trad Bowhunter
Garage Sale find and Questions
« on: June 11, 2016, 09:51:00 PM »
I found a "Signal Cougar 7805" at a garage sale for $50 today. It looks like it was a Ben Pearson bow that was just sold under a different name (presumably for a specific retailer?). The serial number was CB-2016 (I think), and it looked like it said that it was a 62" bow and 52#@28". The writing (located on the part of the riser where the shooter's hand would be on the grip) was faded and somewhat difficult to read, but it was in otherwise, pretty good shape. Just a very slight twist in the upper limb and a small (approx. 1/8") chunk out of the edge of the shelf.

I have no doubt that it would be worth the asking price, since it didn't appear to have any signs of de-lamination or stress lines.

I really was just wondering if anyone here could provide any details about the year of manufacture (based on the serial #), or the retailer that Pearson made them for, or any other cool tidbits? I really don't have the money to spare, but I could probably make it happen if there were some reason to do so (i.e. a much higher value than the asking price, etc.).

Any help or history would be much appreciated. Thanks!
-Tony

P.S.- I posted this in the "Trad History/Collectors" sub-forum, but thought I might get more traffic here, and therefore, faster responses.    :D

Offline Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Garage Sale find and Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 10:10:00 PM »
Tony;
I do know this much; they were made by Pearson. That alone values it at over $100.00 in my book in good condition. A similar Bear would probably command $200.00-250.00 so all things relative, it's easily worth a half a hundo.
Aim small,miss small

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 10:45:00 PM »
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Online Rough Run

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 05:02:00 AM »
I have a Ben Pearson KM Special 7538, that I believe was made for Montgomery Ward or Western Auto, in the early- to mid-sixties.  I could not find any information on bows made for other retailers.  At 58", it is a fine little bow and well worth $50.  I would say your Cougar is well worth it - as long as it's worth it to you.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©