3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Draw style for hunting...  (Read 231 times)

Offline oldrubline

• Trad Bowhunter
Draw style for hunting...
« on: June 19, 2016, 10:16:00 PM »
Who uses more than one style for different hunting situations?  I mostly use a push/pull style when I practice because I hunt on the ground and have to use minimal movement with the white-tail.  However, I am also enchanted by the John Shultz 'swing style' method and like to sneak in a few of those shots during practice sessions (often my best shots have been with these for whatever reason).  Anyone mix it up for different hunting situations?  How does that work for you? Any disadvantages...?  

-Dan

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Draw style for hunting...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 10:19:00 PM »
I have always thought that if you have the bow in the position of the shot and draw from there , it's less movement to be picked up on .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 10:55:00 PM »
I do like you and draw with little movement . Just straight back. Maybe raise the bow some as I draw. I keep better alignment like that.RC

Offline newhouse114

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 11:29:00 PM »
On two different occasions I have had to draw on an elk that was staring right at me. I had my bow arm up both times and just drew straight back as slow as I could. I ate both elk. I had to draw quickly on a mule deer also and cannot remember the draw, I remember the site picture, kinda remember the release, think I remember hearing the impact, and distinctly remember standing there asking myself what it was that had just happened!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©