3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: FROG Team Mission Report (Updated You Tube Trailer added top of page 2)  (Read 902 times)

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Well the FROG Team went out on another mission and had some success, although it was not without some distractions.

One was Sniper,

as usual he was hard to figure out. Was he going to show up and be dependable?  Or was he going to leave us hanging?  And with the Viet Frogs this was a literal proposition!

Scout is always dependable and if he says he going to be there, take it to the bank.

As Supreme Leader of the FROG Team it is my responsibility to ensure the welfare and safety of the members as well as the success of mission objectives.

In the case of Sniper I decided I would extend my tolerance one more time, as he is a needed member, if not needy.

Our mission, to secure the perimeter of Boggy, and take as many Viet Frog as possible, Dead or Alive    :eek:    

Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

• Trad Bowhunter
We all met up at the checkin station at the appointed time of 2030. Sniper was on time only because Scout brought him in his truck, otherwise it may have turned into a disaster.

But no worries my performance this night would surpass anything Sniper brought to the table, and good thing since his shooting started off bad.

But in the end he made up for it      :biglaugh:    

IMG_0667  by  John Langley , on Flickr

• Trad Bowhunter
We enter into the thick of the pitch and immediately engaged the Viet Frogs.

Sniper was up in front when Scout started calling out winds and adjustment coordinates for him to use in zeroing in and acquiring the targets.

On his first shot out of the box he missed and missed badly, If I didn't step up and make the shot, Scout may not have made it to make anymore coordinates.

• Trad Bowhunter
To resume tomorrow......

Offline Carpdaddy

• Trad Bowhunter
Man you guys are doing some serious work! Hang in there were pulling for you.
Stumpshooting; Slinging sticks with sticks toward the origin of the sticks.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
always a treat   :bigsmyl:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

• Trad Bowhunter
Below is the Frog assassin that they unleashed on our team, that desired to capitalize  on Snipers errant shot.  But with cat like reflexes I swung into action and dispatch him ( "WARNING" parental guidance is advises for the next statement) with one swift blow to the head.

With the "Mighty Centaur" I might add   :eek:  

IMG_0689  by  John Langley , on Flickr

• Trad Bowhunter
As often is the case with these type operations we must fend ourselves against the enemy without and within.

I had told you before of my recurring dream of being grabbed by an alligator while wading through the shallow weed beds.

At one particular bend in the dead lake there is a peninsulas that juts out several yards.  And on this thin strip of land there is the "Gator hole" where on passed occassions me or other member of the team have slip in only to find we can't touch bottom. IT HAS A RESIDENT GATOR THAT WE WOULD VENTURE A GUESS AT 8' OR BETTER   :scared:  

As we neared this area, ole Sniper tried to encourage me to step into the black of night and wade through the water.  He claimed he wanted me to see if any frogs were lurking under the thick vines and brambles of the bank.

• Trad Bowhunter
I've alway wanted to start a FROG team report like the other hunters do, you know like....

As we approached the Majestic mountains of the Rockies, we were entrall by the bejeweled spectacle of a setting sun that only a true bowhunter could appreciate...

But it just doesn't seems to fit our narrative... ours is one of muck and mud and slime and spiders, and Gators, and we never come back looking fresh and revived by the mountain refreshing.

No not us were covered in that muck and mud and slime, and have old fitted sheets pulled over our truck seat to keep it some what clean.  

IMG_0687  by  John Langley , on Flickr

Oh well maybe one day it will work out and I can include a frog in a deer hunting story.

Now where was I before being distracted...

• Trad Bowhunter
Scout wanted to test a theory he had concerning Boggy.  You see the last time we tried an operation or two, it produced nothing. Either the Viet Frogs were on to us or we had been very efficient in taking them out.

Scouts theory is that as the river goes through its annual flood cycles the once dead lake become replenished with frogs and a resurgence takes place.  I wasn't convinced.

We tried this oxbow last year and it was vacant of any action, nada, zip, nothing, but a few juvenile terrorist in the making.

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
I certainly wish it was legal to do that here in Michigan. We can gig them but now shooting them with a bow.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
with friends like that...   :eek:    :scared:    :knothead:    :banghead:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
Good stuff. Congrats

• Trad Bowhunter
As for Scouts theory, I scoffed at it and thought to myself we would be wasting our time here at Boggy and needed to research more places with the insurgents.

But as Supreme Leader it is my duty to give the men power to act and then allow them to execute their plans.

If only our current leaders had this in themselves to do, alas our country would be great again.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Looks like Good, Fun!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

• Trad Bowhunter
As the night went on it was a see saw battle between us and the Viet Frogs. They seem to come out of nowhere and the battle raged in a fevered pitched.

But we were dominant in our skills and resolve, and pushed the enemy back into their holes for another time.

So as I leave you for another time and another report i'll finish with some of the fruit of the spoils of war (WARNING! parental guidance is advised).

CLICK ON YOU TUBE LINK TO OPEN   :archer2:    

IMG_0676  by  John Langley , on Flickr

CLICK ON PICTURE TO OPEN VIDEO
     IMG_0679  by  John Langley , on Flickr

IMG_0682  by  John Langley , on Flickr

Well, that looks and sounds like a fun outing!

Congrats,

Bisch

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
gawd...mud, blood and no beer    :knothead:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

• Trad Bowhunter
Doc,

When were though with these frogs...they have no need of wheelchairs   :scared:

• Trad Bowhunter
Also I just heard from ole Sniper.  He said I threw him "under the bus"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©