3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kanati longbow question  (Read 322 times)

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
Kanati longbow question
« on: July 02, 2016, 08:10:00 AM »
I recently acquired what I believe is an older Kanati in a trade. The bow is 56" 47@28, limbs appear to be parallel boo lam on the back, carbon core, tapered boo lam on the belly and black glass, quite aggresively trapped towards the back. Diamondwood and phenolic riser. I've looked on Jason's website and haven't found this limb structure offered, plus mine does not have the brass medallion inlaid. The only markings other than the specs and ser# are a K with >>>---> under it. Does anybody know if the medallion is a new thing, and did Jason offer carbon core at one time?
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kanati longbow question
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 09:06:00 AM »
It's possible it could be an old Kabekona River Bow I built for G&M Archery from 2003 to 2007 before I started the Kanati, or even an earlier JK model. Send me a picture if you like and maybe I can tell you more. If the black stripe in the limb is pure black it could be coretuff, back in the day I used it a lot. If it is a blackish gray color it could be carbon, I did do a few like that for G&M. I started using medallions in 2003.

[email protected]

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 01:42:00 PM »
Sounds like you got a nice bow. I have liked the ones I've owned.

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 02:32:00 PM »
Thanks for responding Jason. The stripe is pure black, very thin. I'll see what I can do as far pictures - I'm kind of techno-challenged, maybe one of my kids can help. So far I'm loving the bow, been looking for one for a long time. By the way, the serial # is 32512 if that means anything.

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 07:05:00 AM »
Ok, anybody have pictures of a Kabekona River or JK bow? If this thing is that old, it must have been stored under someones bed for ten years cause it looks like it was made last week.Fantastic shooter.

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 07:58:00 AM »
I took my new Kanati out hunting for the first time yesterday on a "gopher" safari...usually I kill one of those little string jumpers a year...I got one yesterday on my first hunt of the year...elk next I guess...just a great little bow that pretty much shoots itself...nice work Jason

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 08:38:00 AM »
Paul, with a 3-25-12 serial number it's not that old. I have made some over the years without medallion at the customers request, this was most likely one of them. I also had made just 3 or 4 in the last 5 years with a layer of core-tuff in the limb.

Nice shooting DDave! That's a small target!  :D

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 05:11:00 PM »
Thanks so much Jason. Took it to a 3-D shoot this morning, and it was a real pleasure to shoot. Beautiful work. I've found my hunting bow for the fall.

Offline Yewbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 06:56:00 PM »
Hey Paul, if you want since the bow shoots REALLY GOOD send it to me and i'll take pic's and post them for you. Then after i shoot it and like it i can? Maybe? Give it back to you at Shade Mt. It sounds good to me    :goldtooth:      :biglaugh:

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 09:37:00 PM »
Umm... I'll have to think on that Gary.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©