3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: kid shoots buck with 30 pound bow UPDATED: BOY SPEAKS! pg5  (Read 2962 times)

Offline Swanny in MD

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: kid shoots buck with 30 pound bow UPDATED: BOY SPEAKS! pg5
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2007, 08:55:00 PM »
"Down he goes, the REAL work begins, and after skinning and butchering, you have fed your family."

Aint that the truth, Killy.  Zach's been non-stop since that evening...along with his paper route and his school work - he's already got roasts cut, meat ground, hide scraped and salted, and 10 pounds of jerky in the works.  His big sis volunteered help, with me only helping minimal. I admire his diligence to get it done.  

Hey Tim, Zach's put two deer more than I have in the freezer.   :)   Don't ask the details about my year so far...feels like it's the first year I've ever hunted.  Getting the jitters when I'm shooting on doe no less...i'm 0 for 4!  

Had to sell the lefty Warf...just couldn't get used to hunting with it. Hated to do it...shot my best with it outside of real hunting situations. Picked up a righty longbow and am going to give lefty a break for a bit.

I'm sure he'll smile at that last line. That hat in your avatar hides all the grey hair you have.   :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©