3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Public Lands  (Read 825 times)

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Public Lands
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2016, 06:56:00 AM »
If land that belongs to the people is sold to the private parties, it is theft and sale of public goods in my opinion.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Rough Run

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2016, 07:36:00 AM »
I have seen the management policies of our national forests changing for nearly 30 years.  Not for the continued, or improved, health of the land or game but, driven by the financial cost.  As our federal deficit grows beyond what is already incomprehensible, we will be lucky to have anything left to mismanage, given time.  Social Security is plundered with such regularity it is barely noticed - what hope do have for our national public lands?

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2016, 10:23:00 AM »
Charlie, if Congress passes legislation to transfer ownership to the states and they sell/lease the land for the revenues it generates with public access lost in the process it may be despicable but it will not be a theft. This is why it is so important to spread the word on this issue and to be active in opposition.
  Rough Run, the long running process you have observed for 30 years is, has been and always will be driven by "financial cost"! It does cost money to manage public land and keep it open to the public. And it is indeed a lack of funding not mismanagement that has made implementation of programs for "the continued or improved health of the land or game" so difficult. Congress has to supply funding for these projects and when their focus is on granting trillions of dollars in tax cuts, corporate welfare and every other form of political pork never with any spending cuts to pay for them it makes funding everything else including public property extremely difficult.

Offline Rough Run

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2016, 11:16:00 AM »
Agreed, Mr. Wright - my disparaging remarks were not directed at individuals required to make hard decisions due to a lack of options & support.  They were directed toward those that are responsible for such a necessity, namely Congress.  Mismanagement is mismanagement, regardless of the reason.  Cost is a prime motivating factor in many, many things and unless our current approach and practices receive an extensive and rapid overhaul, all that we have known is in serious jeopardy.

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2016, 11:51:00 AM »
Jeff, we are in agreement, thanks for posting.

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2016, 12:08:00 PM »
I attended the Outdoor Writers Association of America conference this past weekend in Billings, MT. This issue was an overarching theme of the conference. As an east coaster this issue isn't in your face every day, so it was an eye opener for me to see the depth of concern expressed by a lot of key figures in the hunting community. I met some folks from BHA and will be joining that organization soon. The GOP has made this part of their platform. They win sportsmens votes by defending their second amendment rights, while driving agendas that will deny us the opportunity to use them for the purpose most of us own them.

Offline Rough Run

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2016, 05:34:00 PM »
Steve, what seemed to be the foremost theorem from among that group to rectify the issue?  It seems as if we are coming out on the short end, either way.

Offline mlsthmpsn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 12:15:00 PM »
Glad to see this getting traction here on TradGang. I am on the board for our newly established Wisconsin Chapter of the Backcountry Hunters & Anglers. Get out there and support your local chapters of BHA and other public land groups. (our chapter is hosting a Full Draw Film Tour stop tonight in Milwaukee, for instance)

BUT! We also need all of you guys to send emails and make phone calls to your Fed/State reps on this issue....let them know that this is a black and white issue for you. "They support this in any way, you don't support them".

Here\\'s and easy way to find their contact info.  

I may be voting some on the D side of my ticket for the first time ever.
MT
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Save me, O God! For the waters have come up to my neck. - Psalm 69:1

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©