3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Please dont string me up for this ?  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Bar_BN

• Trad Bowhunter
Please dont string me up for this ?
« on: July 18, 2016, 06:50:00 AM »
Im probly putting too much into this but ive been venturing into trad completely but i have soooo many ?'s , but im narrowing it down ive found a couple bows i really like . Actually 3 but one of them is a Hoyt buffalo n i was wondering how u guys felt about this bow my only hangup is im going trad , so am i not really going trad by shooting this bow? I ges im torn cause it is a nice bow n i like it alot but havent shot one yet ,but kinda feel like im not completely indulging the spirit of trad archery if i buy this bow. I dont kno just torn i guess,  Anyway dont beat me up too bad but true feelings plz
"Its their world out there, we're the tourist " " they sacrifise for our family , that deserves great respect n honor !!! " "Move like a tree, smell like the dirt, and sound like an acorn."

Offline Chad Orde

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Blog
Re: Please dont string me up for this ?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 07:06:00 AM »
well the hoyt buffalo is trad bow in my opinion, not made of wood but the design is the same. Don't worry about starting with a Buffalo you will own many other trad bows down the road, LOL Just the way it goes for most of us any way, D shaped long bows, RD long bows, Selfbows, wood curves, Etc.
Its about the fun in the journey
-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/@Island_Drifter

https://www.instagram.com/island__drifter/

Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Truman Capote

Online black velvet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 07:08:00 AM »
Its all about yourself and not what others think. If that's the bow that suits you and you are confident in go for it. Nothing untrad about a Hoyt Buffalo.

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 07:15:00 AM »
Single string, metal or glass, its your choice not anyone else is shooting the bow. Good luck and have fun.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline mangonboat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 07:52:00 AM »
Hoyt Buffalo is a trad bow and darn near indestructible but a new one is a hefty investment for a first bow, especially with you never having shot one, and there is a pretty big depreciation if you decide to sell it. They have plenty of fans and folks who don't like them. I would sure give some thought to finding a dealer or better yet a trad club where folks are shooting many different makes and models and try to shoot as many as you can, see if there is anything you gravitate toward. Good luck!
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 08:20:00 AM »
Nothing wrong with that bow. Go for it if that's what you like.

Offline dbd870

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 08:24:00 AM »
I have no issue with it either but I agree with mangonboat too if you haven't shot several already.
SWA Spyder

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 08:29:00 AM »
As was said earlier, don't get in this to please anyone but yourself.  Shoot what turns you on.  A very large part of all of this is the feeling you get with your equipment, both tactile and mental.

If you think it is neat to shoot a simple stick, do it.  If you want a bit more tech, do it.  Just give either of them a chance.  Most can't just pick up a stick and shoot lights out.  It takes dedication and practice.
ChuckC

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 08:33:00 AM »
If it doesn't have wheels it's a real bow to me. Go for it!

Welcome to the light!
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 08:34:00 AM »
Don't get hung up on what others think because it doesn't matter.  Metal bows have been around for a very long time. Google Seefab and Grimes that was used in the 50's. .

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 08:36:00 AM »
http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=150496  
Not sure if you watched this video, but it's of Aron Snyder a friend of mine hunting bear with a Buffalo. Trad is what you decide it's going to be, only real stipulation I have is the bow must have no let off. Aron shot a crap load of different bows before he settled on the buffalo. He was familiar with the grips from Hoyt and the bow shot where he was looking. And in the end it doesn't matter, very few men on here stop buying bows, you will get another and another and another, I could keep writing that,lol! Buffalo is a fine bow, my very first real bow I got back in about 1977 was a Bear 76'r, had a magnesium handle and solid fiberglass limbs, I have another one now just exactly like that first one and I killed a turkey with it a couple years ago, still super proud of that! Have fun!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 08:40:00 AM »
Umm, a Buffalo is a recurve. A recurve is a trad bow. You have no worries!

Besides, I would not even worry about what other folks think is trad or not. Some guys think only Hill bows are trad. SO WHAT!!!!

Shoot what makes you happy, and let the next guy do the same.

Bisch

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 08:49:00 AM »
Buff is a very nice bow and great to shoot especially if you are transitioning from a wheel bow.  The ability to use an elevated rest even if just in the beginning will help also.
T ZZZZ

Offline Shadowhnter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 08:59:00 AM »
Follow your heart, and be true to that, and you will get more satisfaction. Get what ever bow that satisfies your desires and needs. If any certain bow makes you "feel un-traditional like", and you then get it, you will never be completely happy with it.....even if the bow is considered trad to everyone else. You are not here to do what makes others happy and satisfied.  You are the only one that knows your own heart. ...follow it or be sorry.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 09:36:00 AM »
Shoot/hunt for yourself. Don't worry about what someone else might think of your bow choice.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Online dringge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 09:41:00 AM »
My first traditional bow was a Bear Kodiak. I shot the heck out of it and loved it. I shot a lot of other bos as well during that time and eventually found something I liked a little better, a Brackenbury. Same thing all over. I shot it a lot, still do. I now have several bows and a new one on the way and a new lighter set of limbs coming for the Brackenbury. Buy what you want. Keep testing new bows. Enjoy it.
NRA Life Member

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 09:42:00 AM »
That's a good looking bow.  I like a metal riser  for the added mass.  Shoot what ever you like and how ever you want to.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 10:01:00 AM »
I agree with all of the posts above - shoot what you like.

My only comment would be that if you have not shot it yet, you don't know if you will like it or not. If at all possible, shoot one in your poundage range plus a couple of others so you can make comparisons.

Or, do like many of us and buy LOTS of bows looking for the one you like best   :cool:
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 10:21:00 AM »
The only thing I will ask you is , do you want to be talked into it , or talked out of it ?
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Longtoke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 10:24:00 AM »
nothing wrong with using modern materials and tech for a trad style bow. go for it!
Toelke Pika t/d 54" 52#
Bear Polar 56” 40#
Black Hunter 60" 40#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©