3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Please dont string me up for this ?  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Bar_BN

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Please dont string me up for this ?
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2016, 06:02:00 AM »
Those are nice, i wish i knew how u posted the pics like that instead of a link
"Its their world out there, we're the tourist " " they sacrifise for our family , that deserves great respect n honor !!! " "Move like a tree, smell like the dirt, and sound like an acorn."

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2016, 10:55:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bar_BN:
Those are nice, i wish i knew how u posted the pics like that instead of a link
Hit the "IMG" to the right of the pic and it'll copy. Then just hit ctrl V to paste into your post. Nice bow.    :thumbsup:  

"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline brianbfree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2016, 12:16:00 PM »
If it speaks to you when you hold it and draw it and if it gives you that special feeling when the arrow goes where you want it then shoot it again and again. Just remember when asked how many bows does one man need? Just one more.
DH Super Diablo         60#@28
DH Ventura              60#@28
BP Lord Mercury         40#@28
Golden Sovereign Knight 65#@28
BP  Mercury Hunter      65#@28

Brian Beery

Offline tomsm44

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2016, 12:28:00 PM »
The Buffalo is definitely a trad bow.  But I can also see your line of thinking with wondering if you are embracing the trad spirit fully.  I like building things with my hands and I enjoy seeing quality craftsmanship from others as well, so to me, a lot of the lure of trad archery is in the look and feel of a bow that's made at least partially out of wood.  Especially if it's hand crafted.  That doesn't make my wood riser recurves any more trad than somebody elses metal riser recurve.  It's just an aspect that's important to me.  Some people prefer a solid wood longbow over wood/glass laminate bows.  Some prefer a D shaped wood/glass laminate longbow over a recurve.  Some like wood riser bows simply for the look while others are drawn by the idea that it was carefully crafted by hand.  Many of the top end wood/glass recurves today are built mostly by machine with minimal actual hand work, but still look like a handcrafted bow.  Some people avoid certain brands for that reason while others love them, and there's no denying the beauty of some of the CNC machined wooden risers out there.  If your only concern is the performance of the bow and the Buffalo fits you, and you were questioning if it was trad enough just because you want people to approve of it, then get the Buffalo and don't worry about anybody else.  If you were questioning if it was trad enough because some of the things I mentioned above are important to you personally and you are considering settling to get better performance, then I would advise you to wait until you have tried some of the wood/glass recurves that are out there and then make your decision based on all of the advantages/disadvantages of each.  Or do like most of us do and buy every bow you come across that's for sale.  Regardless of what you choose, there will always be somebody that thinks their bow is more trad than yours.
Matt Toms

Flatwoods Custom R/D:  64", 47@28
'66 Kodiak: 60", 55@28
Redwing Hunter:  58", 53@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter:  58", 47@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter:  58", 42@28
Hoots Recurve:  56", 42@28

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2016, 08:51:00 PM »
Very nice,that would have been a tough decision.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Bar_BN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2016, 03:16:00 AM »
I almost went with the buffalo almost but the beauty of the widow wudnt stop calling my name
"Its their world out there, we're the tourist " " they sacrifise for our family , that deserves great respect n honor !!! " "Move like a tree, smell like the dirt, and sound like an acorn."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©