3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I have to pump the brakes.  (Read 644 times)

Offline just_a_hunter

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
I have to pump the brakes.
« on: July 22, 2016, 10:35:00 PM »
Hello all,

I just posted this in the knife forum but I better post it here as well. I will continue to be a sponsor here and sell a few knives in the sponsored classifieds.

This is a statement I just released on my facebook page. This came to a head within the last couple days and I really do need to devote more time to my family.

First off, I would like to thank each and every one of my past, current and future customers. I am honored to be apart of so many heirloom keepsakes that make it into your lives and I never dreamed Thayn Custom Knives would have taken off like it has.

That being said, I really have to pump the brakes on this project. I have gotten in over my head and I am a Father first, a Gas Plant Operator 2nd, and a knife maker 3rd. I have gotten so busy and have taken on so many orders, being a knife maker has really cut into me being a dad. I have missed several occasions with my family I shouldn't have and I am way too new at this to be burning myself out already. All shop time is devoted to filling orders and I don't have any time for the creative or growth aspect of being an artist.

I know I am going to loose business but I would rather loose that then my family. So as of now, if I owe you a knife you will get one. I don't take deposits on orders in case something comes up I don't want you to be out of any funds and that "something" has come up. It involves a beautiful batch of girls I'm surrounded by.

So I hope you understand as of now, all orders are cancelled and I will not be taking on any more. When the girls are grown and life slows down I will revisit this but until then I am sticking to building with artistic freedom.

The good news is I am still going to make plenty of knives and you'll be seeing a lot more pop up here for sale. This page will still remain very active and once again I cannot thank you all enough for all the support you have shown me.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience,

Todd

"Before you get down on yourself  because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I have to pump the brakes.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 11:15:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 11:18:00 PM »
Sounds like you have your priorities in the correct order!

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 11:23:00 PM »
Good job man! Family always should come first!!  :clapper:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 11:36:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:  Family should always come first! Kudos to u brother!
Aim small...Miss small!!

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 12:17:00 AM »
:thumbsup:     :campfire:    :archer:
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Muttly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 01:03:00 AM »
You don,t HAVE to to do a damn thing. The fact that you,re CHOOSING to slow down and spend some time with your kids speaks volumes.
You hear it before they,re born, no way to comprehend it in the first year, but kids grow up so, so fast.
I,ll say this, and this coming from a guy that used to be a long haul trucker, you don,t get the time back that you missed. I,ve never regretted time spent with my kids.And the fact that i get to be a granddad, and the grandkids actually like me is truly a gift.
But knowing I was,nt around a lot of the time while my son was younger, that can gnaw at a guy.

Good call!..

Offline Chain2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 06:29:00 AM »
You can and will get do over's with knives and work. You don't with family. I salute you and your courage to bring this out in the open. I'm sure all of the fathers here respect you for it. I do.
"Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation..."

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 06:49:00 AM »
I know what u mean.  I just took a 50% cut in pay taking another job working daylight with weekends off to see my family more.  I missed too many things with my family.  Good Luck!

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 08:13:00 AM »
Todd,
I found when I took an order, I hated that knife and would do anything to keep from finishing it.  Now when I pound out a knife it's just for fun.  If I don't give it to charity, a friend, or keep it myself, then just post a picture and it will sell really fast.  Enjoy your family and have fun when you decide to make a knife.
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Chad Orde

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Blog
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 08:18:00 AM »
A man with his prioritys straight hats off to you brother.
-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/@Island_Drifter

https://www.instagram.com/island__drifter/

Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Truman Capote

Online Carpdaddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 08:24:00 AM »
Well done brother, glad you didn't wait until it was too late!
Stumpshooting; Slinging sticks with sticks toward the origin of the sticks.

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 08:31:00 AM »
I quit carving duck decoys for about the same reason; too many orders, too much time spent carving when I should have been enjoying life.

When I took a week of vacation from work I couldn't enjoy my time off because I had duck orders to fill and spent the week carving.

I put my tools down in 86 and never picked them up again.

Offline Anointed Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 08:34:00 AM »
God bless you and your family    :thumbsup:
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Offline just_a_hunter

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2016, 08:40:00 AM »
Thank you all so much.

Todd
"Before you get down on yourself  because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Online GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 08:52:00 AM »
For once I agree with every post on a subject!
TG has the value system just about right.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline mangonboat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 09:25:00 AM »
:clapper:  Putting down your tools and picking up your kids is a lot harder than it sounds.
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Offline azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 09:34:00 AM »
You will never regret spending more time with your family and going to your kids activities but you sure will regret it if you work more hours and miss out on what is really important in life. You made a wise choice and your priorities are where they should be, with your family. Best wishes!

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 09:42:00 AM »
As always buddy proud to call you my friend and the knives can wait for another day.

:wavey:
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2016, 10:02:00 AM »
You are doing the right thing.  Those kids are at the right age to be making memories.  As the father of two girls, trust me, you will not regret this decision.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©