3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: String material  (Read 356 times)

Offline 2tradarchers

• Trad Bowhunter
String material
« on: July 26, 2016, 08:55:00 AM »
I have 2 rolls of TS Plus Bow string material made by Brownell and Company. Is there a reason why they do not make it any more? Was there a problem with it?

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: String material
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 09:07:00 AM »
Welcome to the Gang Trudy...we Canucks can no longer specify where we are from like I could when I joined and I am always interested where folks live (I am about to drive 6 hours in a couple of weeks to visit with a fellow Trad shooter)...there are a lot of string materials that are no longer made by either Brownell or BCY simply because things change...neither company is going to invest much in building materials that work for stick bows since our numbers are low...string material changes are all about what works for wheel bow shooters...I had a string made for my Matthews Solo Cam break suddenly which turns out to have been a problem with that material (I cannot remember what it was)...for what a roll of string material costs it is hardly worth fooling around with older material that might be suspect...buy some BCY-X from Chad (who will practically give it away when he is in the mood) and never look back

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
Headed to the ETAR, home next Tuesday.  I do have a good bit of overstock material I'll sell at a bargain

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 10:55:00 AM »
I can only speculate on the question, but my guess is due to a lack of sales.  Brownell only has a small percentage of the market anymore.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©