3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Longbow Ground Blind  (Read 911 times)

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Longbow Ground Blind
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »
Ameristep Penthouse for me.  Shoot through netting, room for me (and I'm a pretty big guy) and a 66" longbow.  I have shot from it with my son inside with me, but it's a tad crowded with two people, two bows, two stools, two quivers on the ground, etc.  I've had one out for 3 or 4 years, and other than the window that was attacked by a racoon it's still in good shape--hunted in the rain from it yesterday, and stayed bone dry.

Chad

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2007, 06:35:00 PM »
Check out the Apache pyramid blind.  Light, sets up quick and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline iacornfed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2007, 07:02:00 PM »
I use an cammo umbrella blind. Light weight, fits in my day pack and sets up quick. If it rains i can screw it in a tree and set under it.
Choose ye this day whom you shall follow, as for me and my household we shall follow the LORD.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
the problem you will have this time of year is finding the material to build a cheap one ...for 289.00 bucks you can get T 5 double bull...its maybe the best, just my 2cents...some of the cheaper ones just dont hold up in wind conditions all that well... :)
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Archer 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »
I have the Ameristep big house, It's a hub style, so no problem setting up, or taking down, and It is Big. It's the only one That I can shoot my 68" Howard Hill longbow out of with no problem. I paid 149.95 for mine. Mine is 7' tall.
May Your Feet Always Make Happy Tracks.

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »
Maybe 18 mos. ago or so Bowhunter Magazine had a piece in there about a guy who used simple woven wire covered with camo cloth/burlap and then used it to make a circular blind.  It probably goes up 30-36" or so but then you need to park it under a cedar or Russian olive or something with overhanging limbs.  You could also cut shooting holes through it.  I built one (used plastic ties to attach the camo to the wire; works much easier and better than wire clips) and it works very well and you won't have the limb clearance issues you may in a standard ground blind.  You can also make it fairly large; I've taken my then-3 year old daughter in it and we had antlerless deer at 8-10 yards from us.  Very cool.  And without much money invested in it, theft is less a worry and you can leave it out, brush it in, and forget it.
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline stick_string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 02:12:00 PM »
Can any of you suggest a blind that will not fade?  Below is a picture of my blind after two months in the sun.  Can you see it?

stick_string

GEN 27:3 (its in the BIBLE!!)

Ember Longbow and Brack Drifter

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©