3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Paper Tuning Shenanigans.. you wont believe this..  (Read 657 times)

Re: Paper Tuning Shenanigans.. you wont believe this..
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 12:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by wingnut:
Unless it's a elevated rest, paper tuning is almost useless.  Bare-shafting and broadhead tuning are a lot more accurate.

Heck even with a compound and release paper tuning in most folks hands is problematic.

How are they flying?

Mike
That's my first thought every time I see/hear anything about paper tuning while shooting fingers.  Then... along comes a thread like this--again.  

I tip my cap to anyone that can get consistent results while paper tuning.  I just can't pull it off--never could.

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 01:13:00 PM »
What Mike said x 2...he's been around the block a time or two. I paper tuned compounds, never even entertained the notion with trad bows. Not that you may not be dead on with them, but if bare and fletched shoot the same group at 25-30 yds. then I'd say you're there.
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 02:17:00 PM »
Mike,
Would you care to elaborate on your opinion of paper tuning??  I have found it to be the only way to actually measure the results of an improperly spined arrow.

I do both bare and paper tuning, and always use the paper to confirm the bareshaft readings.  I'm certainly no expert, and my form is not without error, but I have never had a hard time getting consistent readings from paper.

Please do not think me argumentative or challenging, I would just like someone with your knowledge to educate me.

Thanks,

Jake
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©