3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Muzzy/Montec 3 Blade?  (Read 445 times)

Offline Cabal

• Trad Bowhunter
Muzzy/Montec 3 Blade?
« on: October 23, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »
I made a new bow that I'm using and I currently don't have any wooden arrows tuned for it but my old carbons from my compound shoot perfectly out of it but the only broadheads I have are some 125 grain 3 blade montecs and muzzys. Does anyone use these heads or any similar heads for traditional and what have your experiences been?

Offline Cabal

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Muzzy/Montec 3 Blade?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »
These are not cut on contact broadheads either. The montecs are a solid piece of metal that comes to a point and the muzzys have a screw in wedge as the tip and the razor blades you have to secure on the sides.

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 10:53:00 PM »
Shot a turkey with a 125-grain Muzzy 3-blade. Hit right where I aimed at 12 yards. He took one step and fell right over. Think I got about 6-10 inches of penetration out the other side...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline strick9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »
Love the Montecs..but if you aren't tuned right they whistle..They were a little tough to sharpen.. I was trying way to hard, now just a couple zips length wise on the diamond stone and then the same till they slide on an Arkansas fine shaving sharp will be slinging them thurs at elk if the gods so permit.. very durable..
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Offline BONES in Virginia

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »
I use 3 blade muzzys,here is a shot of the exit hole on a small buck I shot Saturday.

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 08:29:00 AM »
Montec for sure. They fly perfect and they get the job done even if your shot is marginal. I have lost 2 deer with the Muzzy's back in the compound days(15 years ago). The aluminum ferrule/thread cracked at impact on the deer. Confidence is key I believe when it comes to bowhunting, that is why I choose Montec G5 or Wensel Woodsman.
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline Cabal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
Are you able to get the montecs as sharp as the blades on the muzzys? The montecs are pretty sharp right out of the package but I can't get them near as sharp as the muzzy blades. How sharp do you guys make yours before you feel they will do the job?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©