3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: It's just about that time.....Lets see everybody's setup for this season  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: It's just about that time.....Lets see everybody's setup for this season
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2016, 08:48:00 AM »

I'll be using my 60" Morrison Cheyenne this year.  I'll be shooting black eagle X-impact .400's and 300 grain VPA 3 blades.  My backup bow will be my old proven Foley with FMJ .500's and Simmons interceptors up front.

Jake
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Online Buckeye1977

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2016, 09:08:00 AM »
Mine for now is my bw plv 62" 50@28 with 3555 gold tip blems at 29" with 175 grn vpa's on the business end. I've got a jack kemp kwyk stick on the way now that I hope to get tuned before season so I can hunt with it also. This is also my first year back to trad in about 15 years so I'm excited to see what happens! Good luck to everyone and be safe!

Nick
Nick

PBS Associate member
JD Berry Viper 62” 50@28

Offline tomsm44

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2016, 09:26:00 AM »
Well, my setup has changed slightly since I started this thread last month.  The more I shot my wife's Lil Hoot, the more I liked it, so it is moving to my #1 spot and the Flatwoods longbow will be backup.  I did some fine tuning with the arrow setup and am changing from the Razorheads to Simmons Interceptors.  I also noticed a couple of the arrows were flying funny.  They came already fletched from a yard sale with a quiver my wife picked up.  When I looked closely, I noticed they were fletched with a straight fletch jig and all the feathers didn't have a consistent angle.  I had some leftover spliced 5" shields from a project a couple years back, so I capped, crested, and refletched them with two 5" shields on a right helical.  I'll find out this evening after work how the new fletching flies.

Matt Toms

Flatwoods Custom R/D:  64", 47@28
'66 Kodiak: 60", 55@28
Redwing Hunter:  58", 53@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter:  58", 47@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter:  58", 42@28
Hoots Recurve:  56", 42@28

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2016, 09:36:00 AM »
Bear Red Stripe riser with Rose Oak #2 limbs. 50@28 drawing 29.5". POC 60/65s with a Bear Razorhead on the front

Offline eidsvolling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2016, 06:30:00 PM »
I have the great good fortune of having been drawn in June for a New Hampshire moose tag. In the weeks since, there's been a competition to choose a primary bow and a backup from the three bows I have that exceed 55#.

The leadoff hitter will be the bow at the top of this array. It's a Talon Classic longbow made by the late Dave Paxton in 1996 as a prize for a Professional Bowhunters Society banquet. (I'm its third owner.) It is built of sassafras, 64" long and drawing 60#.

The backup will be the 1958 Bear Kodiak recurve at the bottom. The camo sleeves will conceal the (in)famous blonde limbs from the suspicious gaze of  Alces alces. This bow is 60" long and draws 58#. It won a chance to go on this hunt because it's a helluva good shooting bow and will shoot the arrows I use for the Talon Classic.

I'm leaving the middle bow at home. It's a Morrison Dakota R/D, 58" long and drawing 58# at my draw length. I shoot the Kodiak better.

The arrows have been built by me from Surewood Douglas fir shafts, bearing 190 grain Meatheads on the front. Total weight is 670-690 grains.

Thirty-six days and counting ...

[/url]

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2016, 07:06:00 PM »
I changed mine since this thread started. Same Predator recurve but using my AD Trad tapered shafts. Every year just as the season arrives amy tune changes. So AD trads get moved to starting position. They aren't the shafts to win the olympics with but they have hunting accuracy. Meaning they shoot good in adverse conditions and with extreme weather changes.

Offline sheepdogreno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2016, 11:38:00 AM »
56in rich emery Stik 50@28 drawing 29.5 arrow dynamic shafts unsure if I'm going to shoot the same G5 montecs or not. And I usually seem to switch it up a few times during the season this year my super grizzly 45@28 with GT trads may make a couple of appearances. These are the two I shoot the best
I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Tradtech Titan 2 is my go to platform

Offline Ken Sorg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2016, 07:46:00 AM »
I have 3 ready to go. All shoot the same 28" arrows,,gt500 w/125gr. snuffer, axis 500 w/bear razorheads, or Doug firs w/160 ribteks.
1. 1970 bear supermag,,,50#
2. 1970 browning wasp,,,47#
3. 1974 bear super griz,45#

Online Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2016, 10:34:00 AM »
Sarells Sierra longbow, footed Gold Tip Traditionals, Kanati Dual Arc quiver, Badger broadheads or RFA Talon blunts or Judo points, J. Holden custom calls, a self-made skinning knife, and some Leupold binoculars.

1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Online paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2016, 10:43:00 AM »

The Lil Creep gets the call, with tapered cedars and 145 Ribteks...Ghost will be in the bullpen.  Chair-Pak backpack chair and Rivers West poncho complete the set up.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©