3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shrewhaven bound!  (Read 1198 times)

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shrewhaven bound!
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 02:12:00 PM »
may the spirit of the wolf guide your arrows to the sweet spot. have a safe trip guys and good luck.  :wavey:    :campfire:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Java Man

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »
Drew,

I don't take the best pictures, buit I'll see what I can do.
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »
Ya just gotta wonder what they EAT in Haven  :goldtooth:

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »
quote:
Ya just gotta wonder what they EAT in Haven     :campfire:

Seriously some of the menu that I know of is a side of prime rib, two, yes I said two legs of lamb, a couple big slabs of pork ribs, I've got nine squirrels I'm fixing one night for supper, Venison back straps held over from last season...and that's just for the evening meals. Of coarse we have all the good stuff that goes with it, twice baked potatoes, mashed and fried taters, other veggies and Ray usually bakes a few apple pies from scratch and when I say from scratch, I mean peels the apples, rolls the pie crust and you've never had apple pie till you've wrapped a lip around one of Rays pies    :eek:    

Greg Nicolaous is our main cook and he's a licensed Chef so before dinner we have the table set out with hor de overs and some spirits before the big meal. Wine is usually served with supper.

Greg also makes makes great 3 egg omelets for breakfast with enough goodies inside to make you cry for your Momma. I make what I think is a heck of a breakfast burrito...an you'd better like it HOT cuz that's the only way to make em.

Everyone usually gains at least 10 pounds after a week of gorging in camp. It's hard not to but we gotta do it...it's a tradition.    :biglaugh:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
Man I can already smell that stuff cooking over here on the west side of the state!!  Sounds like quite the menu.  I would hate to be the one in the back of the line for the outhouse after dinner....or breakfast for that matter.  :help:    :help:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 04:47:00 PM »
This was during the late December season last year. Redbird and I had Gus and friends come for supper one night, I made a big kettle of spaghetti. Notice the little Christmas tree on the table. Gas lights and a crackling fire in the old wood stove makes for a great atmosphere.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 04:49:00 PM »
The "Pole" last year.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2007, 05:58:00 PM »
Good Luck Boys!!

It would be hard not to have a good time there.

Eric

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »
Good luck, fellas!  We'll look forward to seeing all the pics when you return to civilization.

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »
May the wind blow in your favor
May your arrows fly true
May your put meat on the pole
With a very fine Shrew!

Good hunting guys!!
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »
Best of luck and have a blast.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »
I found this picture of Ray making apple pies in camp last year. He made a special sweet one just for me so I let him rest in my chair which is usually off limits.    :D    Check out the snow outside the window, that's a hard place to stay awake next to the wood stove.   :)    

Offline pine nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2007, 08:57:00 PM »
Any body besides me think that Ron and his gang are doing it like it ought to be done?  When I picture a "deer hunt" his pictures are what come to my mind.  I am so envious!  Good luck to all of you and may your arrows fly straight and true!

Bill

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2007, 08:58:00 PM »
MAN I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! I just started a new job, so I have been working my tail off. I can't STAND not being up there yet.

Don't worry Gregg, I'm always kind to my apprentice!!!!   ;0)

Offline Montyc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2007, 10:34:00 PM »
Good luck to you all!  I'm heading up for a weekend hunt on Friday night with my shrew in hand, and will be enjoying the wood stove, gas lights, and the quite of the woods.

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »
Ah yes, the camp lounger after a good hearty breakfast (hey, somebody has to keep an eye on that pie while it's baking instead of hunting).   ;)

I'll try and post a few camp updates, since I won't be heading up till midweek next week do to work/career change. I'm glad Gregg Coffey is going to get a chance to head up and fill my spot for the first half of the week. Also, I'm calling dibbs on the new carbon Shrew Classic Hunter when I get to camp.  I'm sure it will have a few notches in it.

By the way Ron, I think I've made a few of those omelettes that now grace your midsection over the years. You're just buttering up Greg N. because he's already up there preparing for you guys.

Travel safe tomorrow buddy.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2007, 06:31:00 AM »
615am, the trailer's loaded, Kevin's here, it's time to head north.

Greg is in camp and called me on his cell last night. He's seeing lots of deer and there was a heavy frost the night before...it's TIME!

Down in Shrew hollow, by old Armstrong creek

sits a little log cabin with wood floors that squeak

In the evening the soft glow of gas lights are there

while outside there are Whitetails, gray wolves and black bear

Up on the oak ridge the acorns are falling

the bucks they are grunting, the does they are calling

We slip in our stand and we wait for a buck

if the wind is just right, all we'll need is some luck

Now come hang up your buck on our deer hanging rail

then sit by the fire and tell us your tale

for the stories of hunting is why we come here

to hear the stories and to hunt for the great Whitetail deer.     :wavey:

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2007, 06:35:00 AM »
YAHOOOOO!!!!! Here we come Northwoods!!!!

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2007, 06:44:00 AM »
Safe journey guys! Say hi to the U.P. for me.

Offline mparks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »
Good luck guys!  That chair sure looks cozy next to the pot belly stove looking out the window at the snow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©