3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What am I doing?  (Read 381 times)

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
What am I doing?
« on: August 06, 2016, 01:49:00 PM »
Ok so the last couple months I've noticed something in my ring finger. I shoot split finger.  I don't have any finger pain, but the side of my ring finger closest to my pinky tingles if I touch it. If no pressure is applied it feels normal. No numbness, no constant tingling...but if I press it against my pinky, or touch it against something it tingles almost as if it were asleep. But like I said no pain, no trouble moving it, no numbness, nothing like that. I'm thinking it's got to be something to do with how that finger is positioned on my string.

Offline Mike Faith

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What am I doing?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 02:27:00 PM »
I experienced the same thing, my Doc said it was pressure on the nerve that is on the outside of that finger. I switched to a thicker glove and hooked that finger less around the string and it stopped...
focusing on the problem is not a solution-anonymous

Offline TKO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 02:53:00 PM »
I got the same thing when I shot split finger on shorter bows. Longer bows and/or three fingers under helped me.
7 “But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
8 or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you.
9 Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this?
10 In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.
Job 12:7-10

Wild Horse Creek Kestrel #44@28

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 07:16:00 PM »
I did recently get a new glove. It's thinner than my old one...but I really like it. That could be it I guess.  I don't think it's the length of my bow. I draw around 29'' and all my bows are 62'' bows. I'm also developing a bit of a callus on that finger just above the crease of the first joint.

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 12:12:00 AM »
Should be very little weight on the ring finger-no more than 10%. That combined with short bows/sharp string angle are usually the cause of sore ring fingers.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 10:09:00 PM »
Make sure your elbow is in line. A high elbow on your drawing hand will do that to your ring finger.

Offline jt85

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 10:43:00 PM »
I am having the same issue, after reading this and having my wife take a picture of me drawing my bow I believe The Whittler nailed my issue, high elbow.
Black Widow PCH 58" 48#@28"
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 49@28
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 62" 52#@28
Wengerd Ibex 58" 50#@28

Offline Shadowhnter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 11:44:00 PM »
Make sure your wrist is straight and in line with your drawing hand and elbow, and not kinked inwards.

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 09:41:00 AM »
It's pretty much back to normal now after just a couple days. I'm gonna take today off as well then shoot again tomorrow and keep my elbow position and wrist position in mind a little more, and watch how I distribute the weight on my fingers.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©