3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What is the worst trail cameras  (Read 774 times)

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
What is the worst trail cameras
« on: August 07, 2016, 03:31:00 PM »
I'm mad    :mad:    as he// my son's xmas present Failed agen (seems to fail every     :knothead:      :banghead:
What's the worst trail camera you have used?
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What is the worst trail cameras
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 03:45:00 PM »
That's an easy question - Widlgame ANYTHING!  Poorest quality out there.

Cameras, feeders, etc. etc. etc. take your pick.  Horrible company, and I'm from Louisiana
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline kill shot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 03:56:00 PM »
I had one that I set up facing to the east and when the sun came up and warmed the camera, flies would land on it and walk on it and set it off. I had lots of pictures of sunrises. Don't remember the make but it was $40.00 if that tells you anything.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 05:03:00 PM »
x2 on WildGame.....
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 05:20:00 PM »
Well On the way to Bearquest I stopped at cabelas and bought a Moultrie. We set it up under my tree stand I had lots of activity from bears left it there a full day and over night. Pulled it the next afternoon and couldn't wait to see the pictures. There were 5! 2 of them were us setting up the camera one of absolutely nothing and another 2 of me getting into and out of the stand.  We tried it all week with poor (no) results.
When I got home I tried it in my house for another week. We got a couple pics of our pets in a very high traffic area. Bottom line. I returned it and will Not buy another.

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 05:24:00 PM »
Well, you asked the question, and you already own the answer! I won't buy anything WGI!

From my personal experiences, Cuddyback is a close 2nd!

My Coverts have been the best ones I have ever had.

Bisch

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 05:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by awbowman:
That's an easy question - Wildgame ANYTHING!  Poorest quality out there.

Cameras, feeders, etc. etc. etc. take your pick.  Horrible company, and I'm from Louisiana
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 07:15:00 PM »
wildgame innovations are garbage.  Bought 2, got less than 60 days service
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 08:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by Matty:
Well On the way to Bearquest I stopped at cabelas and bought a Moultrie. We set it up under my tree stand I had lots of activity from bears left it there a full day and over night. Pulled it the next afternoon and couldn't wait to see the pictures. There were 5! 2 of them were us setting up the camera one of absolutely nothing and another 2 of me getting into and out of the stand.  We tried it all week with poor (no) results.
When I got home I tried it in my house for another week. We got a couple pics of our pets in a very high traffic area. Bottom line. I returned it and will Not buy another.
I have had several Moltries and have taken thousands of pics with them, only problem I had was one that would white out, I called Moultrie and they took it back and fixed it, shipped it back free. It is now 5 years old and going strong.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2016, 08:56:00 PM »
What about the stealth cameras?
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline RodL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2016, 09:00:00 PM »
I have used many different brands of cameras from cheap $50 cams to $500 cams, wildgame innovations have given me the most problems overall but almost every camera I have has given me some sort of problem and had to be sent back for repair. I really enjoy using the cameras and looking at the pics but anymore with the issues I have been having with my cameras I'm almost at the point of saying the heck with them.

Rodney

Offline Burly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2016, 09:09:00 PM »
Wildgame anything just flat out suck. I really don't know how they can still be in business.

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2016, 09:23:00 PM »
Don't know about the worst, haven't tried them all, but I really like my two Brownings.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline mark Willoughby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2016, 09:42:00 PM »
Odd i have nothing but good luck with my wg 2nd season with it and works like a charm
Never spend your money before you have earned it ,.... Thomas Jefferson

If you want something you've never had , you must be willing to do something you've never done ,... Thomas Jefferson

Offline Zwickey-Fever

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2016, 09:44:00 PM »
Wildgame Innovations are the WORST camera I have ever used. The longest that I had one last was just under one month! I only use Stealth Cams now for 2 years with no complaints. One has been out for the entire 2 years and still going strong.

Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;
Genesis 27:3

Offline peanut39350

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2016, 10:46:00 PM »
Never owned a wildgame innovation but i have owned moultrie and primos. I have had no trouble with the moultrie and I've owned it for about five years the primos on the other hand never worked out of the box so i sent it back and they repaired it and that time it lasted about a month.

Offline Burly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2016, 11:09:00 PM »
My best camera is a Reconyx followed by a Covert black OPs ,then stealth. I do own two wild games that are junk. They take a bunch of white out pics ( when they take pics ).They same guys that own wildgame innovations also own Barnett crossbows. Which are also know to be garbage in the xgun world.

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 12:50:00 AM »
Hmm, I've been using wildgame cameras for years! Maybe I should switch? I have noticed that they don't catch all the pictures well

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 06:53:00 AM »
I'm with the Wildgame Innovations gang. Pure garbage. I'm sure there are a few who have them without any problems but for the most part they suck. I've decided that when my remaining two bite the dust, which shouldn't be that far off, I'm done with cameras. Just not worth the money.
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Offline newhouse114

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2016, 11:21:00 AM »
I found a deal on WI cams. Bought 10 of them for a little over $30/each and thought of them as disposable at that price. Only had problems with one of them. The rest are going strong after two years.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©