3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bummer  (Read 497 times)

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Bummer
« on: August 07, 2016, 08:33:00 PM »
Nothing like getting a DZ BEAUTIFUL Easton Hexx arrows from Gary, going to an archery shoot, and shooting a brand new Rhinehart mule deer buck and watching the arrow explode as you nail a pc of steel near the spine imbedded in the target!  What the He// is Rhinehart thinking?

Just a warning guys...

Offline Msturm

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bummer
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 08:35:00 PM »
Bummer indeed!
Stalker Coyote FXT Long bow 49#

Aloha!

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 08:37:00 PM »
Agree, as durable and natural looking as they may be there is no excuse for poor design.

Offline Shadowhnter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 09:15:00 PM »
Durable maybe for 3D, but not durable as I would use the word. Shot out the self healing foam core in my broadhead buck with nothing but field points and in no more then a month... my arrows are going through the back side. Sure, i can replace the core....at $50 a pop. I shoot heavily 8 months out of the year....do the math.

Ive got 2 months on a $11 compressed straw bale, and its barely looking shot. I guess I'll use my Rhinehart for tuning broadheads,  and tree stand practice and try to save it as much as possible. I cant afford to keep putting in them expensive cores. Im not too impressed with the big Rhinehart that everyone seems to love so much...and now i hear this metal issue.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 10:49:00 PM »
One reason I foot my carbons, for the unexpected. I would not expect metal in the body of the 3D. Legs yes but only enough to stake the critter. Wonder if someone dropped the metal in the mold by accident? Or it was that piece of conduit meant for a leg but was misplaced. You did mention it to the folks running the shoot?

Online J. Cook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 11:10:00 PM »
Sounds like the metal bar / plate that's in the brisket of the Glendels.  I have the broadheads buck and it's been a great target ...except for the fact is the size of a fawn.
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 05:01:00 AM »
I did mention it.  They replied, "Yeah, they started putting a pc of metal in that section for more support..."

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 06:37:00 AM »
Not going to take long for the word to get out and Rinehart will find themselves having problems selling those targets

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline highlow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 06:46:00 AM »
Ruined a couple of arrows on my Glendel Full Rut but that was with wheels. So far so good with the recurve and longbow but still can't figure out why they need a metal support bar. Thanks for the heads up on the Rhinehart.
Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 06:58:00 AM »
Ruined an arrow on one at a local shoot as well. So I understand your frustration.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 06:35:00 PM »
Wonder what rocket scientist came up with that idea? They will lose business for sure when enough word gets out to the clubs that spent thousands on their targets and inserts. Our other choice was McKennizes but they did not have replaceable centers. Glendale was a one shoot target. I think we tried Delta's as well. Rinehart's stood up the best to the wheel bows and are easy to remove arrows from. Oh well, to bad for them

Offline Dave Nash

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 06:59:00 PM »
Bummer indeed
Dave
Great Plains t/d longbow 64"46@28
A&H acs 64"41@28
Stalker Coyote 64"43@28
Wapiti  Spike 66"47@28

Offline kybowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 11:55:00 AM »
Maybe it is their poor attempt to train us not to spine deer?

:laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 12:04:00 PM »
Oh, man, that is a tragedy if it involved an arrow Gary built!!!!

I know what you mean. At a local 3D shoot here, they had a McKenzie skunk target set up where you were shooting at the rear end kill zone. I got a 10, but the arrow made a loud crack on impact. You guessed it, went in and hit the leg support and trashed my arrow!!!!

Bisch

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 01:30:00 PM »
R&W Targets     :thumbsup:   unless you hit low in the leg    :banghead:   I had the wood land buck    :archer:    bow for that cost)
another reason to foot your carbons
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 07:01:00 PM »
As Dan Quillien once told me, "Don't fall in love with your arrows, 'cause you ain't gonna have 'em that long." But what a bummer to lose one this way! It gives me a bit of a bad taste for Rinehart targets. Who makes the best target that does not have metal in the target body?
Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©