3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone Have the DAS SRF Sight for Recurves?  (Read 337 times)

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone Have the DAS SRF Sight for Recurves?
« on: August 10, 2016, 03:53:00 PM »
Hey all,

I am playing around with my Morrison 17" aluminum ILF bow a bit and put an old sight bracket on it and a single pin.  I haven't been shooting much so I thought it would be neat to try it out and just see how well it worked for me.  I haven't put that many arrows through it to make an informed decision yet though.

One problem I am seeing is that these sight pins that I am using are the OLD style that were made for compounds and was the standard pins and bracket maybe 30 years ago or more.  They were in use for many decades and I just had this one sitting in my box from who knows when and I decided to try it.  I started looking for a new sight pin and when I couldn't find any at all I started looking at other stuff.  That's when I remembered the DAS SRF sight bracket and pins.

I remember reading about them when they came out and how many user of the sight really loved it.  It worked really well for them.  In looking at the different "pins" I think I'd be most interested in the smallest one, the one that most resembles a small oval.  I think the lume option would work best, but I've never seen one of these sights in person.

I'd like to know from you all that have tried the sight what you think of it.  If you have that smallest pin, I'd like to know just how big that oval is.  If you have one, would you mind taking a picture of the pins and posting it next to something for reference so the size can be seen?

Also, if you know, will those "pins" fit the standard brackets that I have, the ones that compound users had on their bows for 30+ years or more?  I would not want to have to buy the bracket too just to try the sight pins to see how they worked for me.

Any info you care to tell about the SRF sighting pins and system would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

Larry

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone Have the DAS SRF Sight for Recurves?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 04:14:00 PM »
There aren't any pins, just the threaded mounting rod and aperture

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 07:18:00 PM »
Hopefully someone has used this sight system. I got one with a bow my kids bought me. It is used. I looked at it and thought it was one of the "rangefinder" gizmos. It is sitting in a drawer.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 09:11:00 PM »
I have one on my Moose bow right now.  It really helps get the groups down to manageable level when you can't or haven't shot as much as you'd like to.

I don't really use the tapered ends yet but the center really lines up well.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©