3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: When to put out blinds?  (Read 371 times)

Offline elkhunter-27

• Trad Bowhunter
When to put out blinds?
« on: August 10, 2016, 09:16:00 PM »
How long before the season starts do you ground blind hunters put your blinds out?   :confused:

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: When to put out blinds?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 09:20:00 PM »
Yesterday was the last day to put out blinds for this season.    :D
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline elkhunter-27

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 09:42:00 PM »
:biglaugh:  Yup, that's what I thought!

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 09:44:00 PM »
Putting out the 7th ground set Saturday. Two to three more to go and may not set the last intended one until later season.

Not deterred in setting one up during season if a spot begs for a setup. Special attention to detailed concealment is a personal primary concern while as the least amount of disturbance to the area.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Bar_BN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 11:33:00 PM »
I usually set mine bout 1st of sept brush in and let set a month to settle, but not afraid to move mid season if have to , ive shot deer the same day of moving blind, trick is to wear ur scentblock stuff to make the move or setup
"Its their world out there, we're the tourist " " they sacrifise for our family , that deserves great respect n honor !!! " "Move like a tree, smell like the dirt, and sound like an acorn."

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 05:45:00 PM »
I put mine out in April/May, during turkey season.  I tried the ground blind thing last year.  Set it out and brushed in a month before the opener.  Never had a deer within shooting range and they stared at it the whole time they were out in the field.  Not to sound like a Debbie downer but good luck with it.  I just didn't figure it out is all.

-Jeremy
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 07:28:00 PM »
I usually put mine out a month or so early and brush them in good here at home. But like already mentioned I've thrown them up and brushed them in and killed deer the same day. I usually go to a day lease in South Texas every year and there are no blinds in place so it's pretty much the only way to hunt there. I just brush them in really, really good and only leave one window open and cover most of it with brush. Just leave a hole big enough to shoot through.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©