3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Huntin Podnuhs..  (Read 4031 times)

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
Huntin Podnuhs..
« on: August 11, 2016, 10:24:00 PM »
I thought this could be a fun thread.. Post a pic of you and your hunting partner(s). It could be a pic with you and him/her after your favorite hunt together or anything like that.  I feel like this could be a fun thread if we make it one. I have a pretty funny pic of someone I'll post later. They may or may not have center punched a tree on a shot at a hog...
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Huntin Podnuhs..
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 10:35:00 PM »
Haha I've got a few good ones, but they all involve hunting equipment other than trad gear since I'm a newbie. Looking forward to some of these pics though. This should be a good thread!!

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 10:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by CRM_95:
Haha I've got a few good ones, but they all involve hunting equipment other than trad gear since I'm a newbie. Looking forward to some of these pics though. This should be a good thread!!
You know you could get creative with photoshop or paint  ;)

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 10:54:00 PM »
I'll break the ice here..  

This was from a hunt this past spring when my buddy Steve and I were chasing some hogs.  We were on a bunch of smaller pigs.  He was on one side of the thicket, I was on the other.  I was slowly pushing them towards him.  Not by choice, as I was trying to loose an arrow.  All the sudden they catch me moving and take off.  directly I hear him shoot and a loud thump.  This is how I found him..

Then I called him name so I could get a good picture to black mail him with at a special time like this..

I look forward to getting back together with this old fart and trying to put an arrow in something.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

Offline Mitch Edwards

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 12:01:00 AM »
I've got a few good stories with my buddy Dakota but sadly no pictures. The best story I've got with him is we were huntin together on my bday early season here in Missouri and he shot his first deer ever with a bow (compound I'm tryin real hard to convert him but he's stubborn lol). He was bout 50 yards north of me and I actually passed this buck cause he was young. I watched him shoot the deer and got to share in the excitement. Probably 30 mins later I had a doe come in at what I thought was bout 25yards. So I shoot thought I missed and she ran off. At dark we got down I went to find my arrow and found a pool of blood. By that time Dakota joined me. I found my arrow and 20 yards later found my doe. Shot clean through. That was my first trad kill and his first bow kill on my bday September 27th. We found his deer and drug them both 100 yards to the river and gutted them there. Brought the truck down and loaded them up. The next day I went in to range the shots. Turns out my 25 yard shot was actually 32! I never would've guessed that and I wouldn't have taken the shot if I had known. Also when I went to the river to see if coyotes had got to the gut pile 2 bald eagles took off from the pile. Eagles are a rare sight around here. Dakota is like the brother I never had and to see 2 eagles together the next day in the say spot after such a magical special evening in the woods it was almost like a sign. It's something I will never forget. Sorry there are no pictures. You'll just have to take my word for all of it

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 12:41:00 AM »
Here an oldie from a few years back (2011) of my pard'ner Kirk "Possum head" Barnard.

Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 02:13:00 AM »
You know you could get creative with photoshop or paint  ;)

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 03:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by Michael Arnette:

You know you could get creative with photoshop or paint   ;)  [/b]
True!! Here's a story for y'all, and since there's no bows in the pic maybe I won't get in trouble. We all know things can happen shooting at animals, and I promise me and my buddy are both normally better shots than this.

October 2014 found us close to the border on a day lease in deep south Tx. The first evening of the hunt I'm brushed in at a great spot along a sendero in a pop up. Temp is in the mid 90's and I'm sweating my tail off. The sun is going down and I can see shadows in front of me in the sendero on the white sand. After a minute or two, I can tell the shadows are getting closer...then I can hear something breathing. I peak through the corner of the blind and see a decent buck coming, and he's in full velvet. My mind is made up. He's going to cross broadside at about 10 yards. I come to full draw and he steps into the sendero, but starts walking away quartering hard. By the time I get on him, he's at about 20 yards. He stops, I put it a little further back to compensate for the angle, and let the arrow fly. I watch in horror as my arrow sinks up, pretty much right in his butt....he takes of and I'm cussing thinking about how I just botched this. I give it about an hour and decide to go look, when much to my surprise I find the best blood trail of my hunting career. I got lucky and hit his femoral artery, and he was down in 40 yards. I was however, the "butt" of some jokes...note where the arrow is in the pic!!

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 03:30:00 AM »
The next day he killed a buck, and after all the jokes about my shot I guess karma caught up with him. He made a less than stellar shot as well, but his deer was recovered too. I'll try to find a pic of his to post tomorrow.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 07:22:00 AM »
Great Penetration Steve.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 07:48:00 AM »
Three of us in our 2015 Colorado elk camp - unfortunately unsuccessful.  Still a great camp.

Different buddies in our 2015 New Mexico elk camp two weeks later.

Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 12:04:00 PM »
keep'm coming fellas.. this is a great time to use that picture you've been hiding for year of that tree your buddy shot..  ;)

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 12:25:00 PM »
Here's the pic of my buddy with his deer the next evening. This was probably one of our more memorable hunts for sure. We've been best friends since Kindergarten.

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 12:36:00 PM »
Here's a pic of me and him together from about 15 years or so ago in our early 20's.

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 12:40:00 PM »
Me (the good looking one in the foreground) and a couple of guys in our club exploring our lease in late February.

SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 02:07:00 PM »
All my hunting camp buddies are rifle shooters, any of my pics would fail to interest this group.
Sam

Offline Nook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 03:18:00 PM »
Danny (Two Hats) and I have been hunting together fro 20 years:  

He's my Bloodhound. And, I put him where the deer will be.....
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 04:47:00 PM »
My favorite hunting buddy's, my sons!

Tress

Sean

A few more, Todd Thayn(Just a hunter) and Gauge

Curt Cabrera(Guru)

Mike Yancey

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 04:57:00 PM »
Ryan Steadman and Ben Saye(KS Bowman)

Tom Phillips

Me, Vance Brewer, Curt

Charlie and Terry Green

My brother David

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 06:10:00 PM »
Getting my pic in Canada. Bear Quest this guy jump in to give me congrats.  :bigsmyl:  

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©