3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: what besides b-50  (Read 424 times)

Offline chappy

• Trad Bowhunter
what besides b-50
« on: October 24, 2007, 12:58:00 PM »
What other strings can a non-Fastflight compatible bow use besides B-50?  B-50 just seems to keep stretching and isn't very durable for me.  

Also, is there a way to make a non-FF bow Fastflight compatible by reinforcing the tips?

Thanks.

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: what besides b-50
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »
can't answer your question but.....i have never had a B-50 string continue to stretch. and i have never had a B-50 break or wear out.

the only time i notice stretching is if my bow is unstrung and i string it. it will register a higher brace height than i set it at, but will stretch in a short time to the desired brace.
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 01:22:00 PM »
For a while there was PENN 66 and B-75, but these were both taken off the market because strings made from them often broke without any warning.

Right now dacron (B-50 or B-500) is your only choice.  You can add strands to the string to reduce stretch and improve durability a little, but you'll loose some performance.

I don't know if you could safely turn a non-FF bow into a FF bow.  The string grooves would have to be cut at the proper angle, and tip overlays applied, but I couldn't say if it would work out.

Chad

Offline chappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »
Thanks guys. It's the strings I got from 3Rivers that keeps stretching.  It's also coming unravled at the braided or twisted ends.  Could the unraveling be causing the stretch?

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »
With a flemish strings, you'll have some tag ends work loose here and there--that won't hurt a thing.

However, if the string wasn't pre-stretched, it will take a while for it to settle in;  and if it wasn't made properly the loops can slip which will make it seem to be stretching.

Chad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©