3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Brett Kauffman Memorial Shoot, Standing Stone club, Port Royal PA, 9/2-9/4  (Read 638 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'd posted this before but things move quick off PW pages 1 and 2 so here's a reminder...

Many here knew and lamented Brett Kauffman's untimely passing earlier this year... Many in PA came to his club's Standing Stone shoots in Central PA In Port Royal, PA. God called Brett home far too young. His young wife, Shelly, sent me this notice for a Brett Kauffman MEMORIAL shoot.

Sounds like all will be similar to their historical Father's Day Shoot of year's past...great location, excellent courses. Good camping, excellent food for cheap and the nicest bunch of caring people you ever wanted to meet...

Come one, come all for the 3 days or for a day outing one of the 3 and enjoy a tribute to our fallen friend...Brett Kauffman... RIP, Brett, you were loved and respected by many!

Standing Stone Traditional Archers of Port Royal PA will be holding the Brett Kauffman Memorial 3-Day Traditional Archery Rendezvous on September 2, 3 and 4, 2016. Details are still being established by those taking over the shoot, but Brett’s wife says not much, if anything, will change. More information can be obtained from the club’s website at:   http://juniatasportsmens.org/standing-stone-traditional-archers/
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Yewbender

• Trad Bowhunter
Doc, thanks again for the reminder and i will be at this shoot for sure!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks, Gary...

hope to keep this on page 1 for a day or so...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
last ttt for anyone interested... coming up soon!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Lady Frost

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry for you guys' loss.
My cup runneth over

Traditional Bowhunters of GA
North GA Traditional Archery Club
South GA Traditional Archery and Primitive Skills Club

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
TTT
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Yewbender

• Trad Bowhunter
Will be there sat or sun, not sure yet.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm sure Brett's family will appreciate one and all coming to honor Brett and have a great time as well!

Thx for bringing this back up, John...  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
Is there venders at this shoot?
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
RS,

Check their website. It says vendors set up free, but no list as to whom... it does show the Juniata County Fair is on Saturday evening so if you camp, you can have evening entertainment minutes away!

Just don't camp down on the MZ load range or at the road heading down...there used to be a lot of skeeters in damp years.  Not living up there this year, unsure of the rainfall, but the camping near the trap range is better and closer to the clubhouse and course start points!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline jackdaw

• Trad Bowhunter
Be there Saturday am....sorry you won't be there doc...
John Getz:........... Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like bananas.
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 51#
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 47#
67'1/2  BEAR SUPER K  44#
WILSON BROTHERS BLACK WIDOW 60" 45#
LONGRIVER ELK 62" LONGBOW 53#
1967 WING 62" SLIMLINE 43#

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by jackdaw:
Be there Saturday am....sorry you won't be there doc...
Yea, me too.  But in a note from Brett's widow Shelly, she said the nicest thing:  She said, "Oh, you'll be there cause we won't have a shoot that you're not discussed like you were there!"

Dang near brought a tear to this old fart!  :)

Of course, I guess a body could take that different ways!    :rolleyes:    :laughing:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank you.
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline Yewbender

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Brett Kauffman Memorial Shoot, Standing Stone club, Port Royal PA, 9/2-9/4
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2016, 06:07:00 PM »
I'll be their saturday and hope to run into many of friends at this great shoot!

Offline Alvey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 08:19:00 PM »
Plan on being there sat morning.
Hard work spotlights the character of people:some turn up their sleeves,some turn up their noses,and some don’t turn up at all.(Sam Ewing)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 04:34:00 PM »
Ya'll have fun... give a shout out to Brett's Dad and Mom at the clubhouse for me and I'll live vicariously thru your adventures since surgery I'm still not pulling a bow and likely miss the season...

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 04:59:00 PM »
Look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Yewbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 08:52:00 PM »
Come on SATURDAY!!!  I told a friend of mine about the shoot. It was her first time there and she had a good time and hope's to shoot it next year!

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 08:56:00 PM »
On behalf of the Standing Stone Trad folks, and the Kauffman clan, my thanks, Gary for sharing with your friend.

Sounds like she was there Today... ?

Good people there.  Fine food in the past... and very affordable.  Great door prizes.  Brett did a lot of the coordination, so I hope they got sufficient help. I used to love going up early and helping out set up or run a novelty shoot for them... They're all just that great a group!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Yewbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 09:17:00 PM »
Hey Doc, im back from Standing Stone and what a great time i had!!! They had 2 courses set up, good food, and just a nice bunch of folks there running it. They plan on picking a new date next year to shoot.

To the gang: Shick,Jsweka,SCS,K.Zimmerman,Jackdaw,Mahantango,Monkeyball,etc...good to see you guy's again and shooting with some of yous. Hopefully will be seeing you'll at Shade Mt. Next week.

And i can't forget...a big thank's to Standing Stone for a wounderful shoot!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©