3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What's your favorite MUSIC while on hunts?  (Read 1490 times)

Offline JazsDad

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What's your favorite MUSIC while on hunts?
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2016, 08:06:00 AM »
On stand or still hunting - sounds of the woods.

At camp, or enroute to hunt site - anything from old school punk to grateful dead....

Am a HUGE advocate for music in schools, and encouraged all my kids to enjoy, listened to thier choices (some I didn't/don't approve of, but its their choice).... music helps you to get into a "frame of mind".... music is also the great "common denominator", can help to bring us together... too much negativity in the world.

Peace

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2016, 09:17:00 AM »
I have to tell ya something funny. I usually have lots of music stuck in my head while on stand... And most dads can relate because it's usually some kids movie or Disney soundtrack from a movie my son just watched 5 times in a row the night before! Lol
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »
"We play both kinds.....country and Western"......some of you older guys will get this.....  :goldtooth:
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2016, 10:00:00 AM »
When I first read this thread, I assumed it applied to music while on the stand. Otherwise, I always have music playing in my truck whether going hunting or not. Some years ago, my son got me really hooked on classical guitar when He began taking lessons. I combined that with my love for 50's and 60's rock and roll. So I bought a box set by Esteban who plays that era music in a classical arrangement. So Pavan is a classical guitarist! I would like to hear you play. About the only thing else I listen to is Scottish bagpipes played loud. That would never fit in for playing on a stand. Bagpipes make you want to leave or to get up and start a fight. Reckon what would happen if I played them during the rut?
Sam

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
I have severe moderate hearing damage from 30yrs of playing in punk & rock n roll  bands but when i'm on my stand I just listen to all the ringing in my ears its pretty loud,, because of that I got used to hunting with my eyes and honestly it keeps me from moving around alot because I'm not investigating every little sound anymore.

on the way "TO" the hunt,, opening day maybe Pennywise-BroHymm , UK Subs-CID & Warhead, maybe some Slapshot ....

on the long ride home when its time to relax it can be George Jones, George Strait or Jamey Johnson,,, anything thats traditional country..
"Us vs Them"

Offline Shadowhnter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2016, 12:36:00 PM »
I must be weird. When I am on my way hunting, I want to be able to come to deep thought and concentration about the hunt....even on the drive there. I dont need any loud music or even good music  taking away from that, or even talking, or any other thing that distracts me away from concentrating on the coming hunt. Its a time for mental preperation...i dont need amped up, i want calm...I'll be plenty amped up when deer are headed my way a little later in the stand....and Im a music lover, and been in music and playing seriously for 40 years.

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2016, 01:00:00 PM »
Well said Shadowhunter .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2016, 01:56:00 PM »
The pitter-patter of feet.....
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2016, 02:49:00 PM »
When I hunted with a big van, in the early preflight, all could ever think about is how that back seat was more comfortable than my bed and how nice that old quilt and feather pillow was that were on that seat, just calling to me.  I remember one time, I was way early, so I snuggled down for just a few minutes.  About 11:15, I woke up with the sun in my eyes and hungry.

Offline Lady Frost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2016, 04:24:00 PM »
Sitting in the woods, natural sounds.  Around the campfire, the crackling sounds.  When I am in the mood for music, anything from Judas Priest to John Denver to Led Zeppelin.
My cup runneth over

Traditional Bowhunters of GA
North GA Traditional Archery Club
South GA Traditional Archery and Primitive Skills Club

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2016, 07:46:00 PM »
Liz, are you sure you are old enough to remember John Denver or Led Zeppelin?
Sam

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2016, 08:59:00 PM »
Driving to my hunting spot I like bluegrass(especially in NC) or country. After a successful hunt, as in taking game, I like hard rock or metal. If I'm really excited I listen to music from the metal band I used to play guitar in(whose name is too offensive for most adults:)

The only time I've listened to music on stand was live from a nearby winery while I was hunting pigs. It was a classic rock cover band. Watching pigs at the feeder listening to Lynyrd Skynard is about as good as it gets, in my book.

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2016, 09:10:00 PM »
I had a friend that I used to hunt with years ago. He would pick me up at 4:30 am with the fastest, loudest, heavy metal music blaring from his truck.

Nothing can get you more focused for the hunt than listening to Slayer at high volume!  :)

A curious thing about it though was he drive BELOW the speed limit on the way to the woods. I still don't know how that's possible.

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2016, 10:38:00 PM »
I notice in the stand the quieter I get the louder nature gets. After about fifteen min of settling into camp or a stand I have my soundtrack.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Offline BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2016, 10:59:00 PM »
I am truly one of those rare specimens who could easily go his entire life without ever hearing music and not miss it.  Must be missing that gene.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2016, 08:52:00 AM »
I find noise other then nature's own intrusive and objectionable.  My music this year will be the stream in front of the tent and a moose grunting in the distance.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2016, 09:42:00 AM »
On the way to the hunting spot, I like the window down and just the sound of wind and me slurping coffee. Even if something was on the radio, I wouldn't hear it anyways because I usually am in deep thought or lack there of.

I never thought about listening to music while actually hunting??? it will probably never happen.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline sightsee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2016, 12:38:00 PM »
Oh I almost forgot. I like to listen to KLOVE or any of my gospel songs download on MP3 or flashdrive plugged into my deck:) That really takes my mind off work or anything bothering me on my way to my hunting spot.

Offline Doug_K

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2016, 04:58:00 PM »
In the truck, anything from George Strait to Slipknot. Pretty much anything with guitar. Always feel like it's going to be a good hunt when Fred Bear comes on.

On stand, never - ears are too busy trying to hear that leaf crumple  a hundred yards away.
60" W&W Black Wolf 55#
64" Bamabows Hunter 52#
60" Bamabows Expedition III 52#
70" Bamabows Hunter 55#
60" A.D.M Earth 63#

Offline Don Bowerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2016, 07:18:00 PM »
I listen to music or the tigers on radio all the time while in back yard shooting.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©