3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Steelforce Phathead 145gr  (Read 383 times)

Offline Skinnybill

• Trad Bowhunter
Steelforce Phathead 145gr
« on: August 19, 2016, 06:31:00 PM »
Anyone have any experience with these?   Looks like a solid head but really short.  Didn't know if this would reduce penetration.   Thanks.

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Steelforce Phathead 145gr
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 12:39:00 AM »
I know the blades are very thick.Which is great to prevent bending and tip curl with direct  bone hits.The price point is pretty good.

I have never shot them but was interested in them.

Typically a 3 to 1 length to width ratio is considered beneficial.So they are short in regard to that maxim.

I shoot 150 grain Magnus Stingers.The price point on those is excellent for the quality of the head as far as the diamond point for reduced tip curl and the sharpness and flight characteristics.It would be nice if they were a tad thicker.But their an excellent head and highly endorced by many tradgangers who use them.

Sorry I cant help you directly with the Phathead in my personell experience.It seems to have some good qualities.I mainly like the thickness of the main blade.

Offline Gooserbat

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Steelforce Phathead 145gr
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 10:40:00 AM »
I shoot Steelforce Phatheads and unless I was hunting something like cape buffalo where evey advantage in penetration was to be gained, I see no reason not to shoot them.  Great little heads and very tough.
"Four fletch white feathers and 600 grains is a beautiful thing."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©