3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tuning problems  (Read 259 times)

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
Tuning problems
« on: August 20, 2016, 08:17:00 PM »
I've decided I really want to sell my compound and get back to hunting with my recurve like I always use to. I had a moment of weakness shooting with compound guys all the time and went to the dark side last season. I'm having trouble tuning my arrows. Bareshaft tuning I cut them down until they weren't tailing left the moved my nock up until the were straighter up and down. Now I four fletched and they flew like crap with a Wensel woodsman and they are corkscrewing when I go back to the field point. I hit where I'm aiming even out to thirty but they aren't flying good at all PLEASE HELP

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tuning problems
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 08:20:00 PM »
I've always been lucky before and had a dozen wood arrows that shot perfectly but now I'm back to the drawing board

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 08:37:00 PM »
what arrows and weight do you have? all the specs whats your nock height at
aim small miss small

Online 8upbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 09:56:00 PM »
Does your bare shafts hit the same spot as a fletched arrow?
8upbowhunter
>>>————>

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 10:48:00 PM »
My guess. Up and down come from nock height problems. Side to side comes from spine issues. My guess you probably have nock height problems and maybe spine issues as well. So personally somebody correct me if I am wrong I would get nock height taken care of first start at maybe 3/8 inch and go up until you get slightly nock high flight and if that solves it great. At least it should get rid of the corkscrew then you may still have adjust spine with the length of arrow. I say tune bow before you tune arrow. Lastly the last cork screw I had was because my nock was too low not too high. The arrow was bouncing off the rest as it passed the bow. You can tune arrows to death but if bow is not properly set up you won't get there with the best dozen arrows in the world. Hope this helps. Just my personal experience.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©