3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black River Pass Around Bow Info/Review Thread  (Read 6721 times)

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black River Pass Around Bow Info/Review Thread
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2016, 12:05:00 PM »
what's going on with this?
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2016, 07:22:00 PM »
Ttt

Offline bucknut

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2016, 08:24:00 PM »
I shipped it to screamin and he PM'd me that he had received it on the 8th.
Whom virtue unites death cannot separate.

Offline screamin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2016, 12:20:00 AM »
Pastor Steve received it on the 13th.

I liked the recurve set up the best, much better performance than the longbow limbs. Draw was very smooth to my 29" draw. I chrono everything I shoot and the recurve limbs perform right up there with my Olympic carbon foam ilf limbs. I like the added weight of this riser design, it really helps hold on target and if I do my part, I could group arrows in an 8" circle at 40 yards. Very nice easy shooting accurate bow.

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2016, 12:00:00 AM »
Please let me or Will know what is going on with this bow. The point of doing a pass around bow is for people to post their reviews, whether it be good or bad.  Haven't had an update in 5 days and don't know who has the bow.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2016, 04:55:00 AM »
PastorSteve is in the process of sending it to me.

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
Sending it today!

I liked every aspect of this bow/s..

Great Grip/ solidly built/ shoots great/ great workmanship/ Performance is top notch...  A+ on every level!!!
Blessings,
Steve

Offline buckracks7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2016, 06:36:00 AM »
#14 buckracks7

With much regret, I must say when my turn comes up, please pass it on to the next lucky person. I would be unable to shoot the bow at this time. Many thanks to Will Cocke for this generous opportunity.
If it's in your way, move it.

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2016, 04:32:00 PM »
awesome, when you get the bow, please remember to post your feeling about the bow.  I'm not one who likes to always hear "it's great".  Give us some detailed critical responses if you will.  What did you like? not like?

Any reply is greatly appreciated.     :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Online Longtoke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2016, 09:34:00 PM »
Dang, Cant wait for my turn,  what kind of arrows did you run through it pastorSteve?
Toelke Pika t/d 54" 52#
Bear Polar 56” 40#
Black Hunter 60" 40#

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2016, 08:17:00 PM »
Bow arrived today but too dark to shoot it by the time I got home. Doubt I'll unpack it tonight, just wanted to give you guys a quick update.

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2016, 10:13:00 AM »
Finally got to shoot the bow (both sets of limbs, about 12 arrows each) some this morning before work and if you're excited about your turn with this bow, you should be. I'm gonna shoot the bow some more today and tomorrow to get more familiar with it then I'll send it out Saturday.

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2016, 10:31:00 PM »
Good to hear Paul!  I'm not on the list this time, but do plan on signing up for the St. Jude bows that Will has graciously volunteered to do.

Just by looks alone I can tell that a quality bow!
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline PaulDeadringer29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2016, 06:50:00 AM »
I am very impressed with how well put together this bow is. It is extremely well crafted and as good as several high end bows I have owned...Will has some serious
talent.

I didn't have much time to shoot both sets of limbs so I went with the recurve limbs since they initially felt better for me. I also used one of my own strings on the bow. Nothing wrong with the ones provided, I just didn't feel like messing with the double nock setup on the string provided....one was brass and the other was a big ball of a tie-on nock. I always go for a brace height on the lower side of what a bowyer recommends and this bow shot good for me at 7 3/4". The limbs were really stable and quick, quiet, smooth...everything you want in a bow really. Grip was very comfortable and filled my hand nicely...as good as Will seems to be with his hands, he should consider learning checkering   ;)    The riser has a nice heft to it that makes it stable to shoot and easy to point. I found the bow easy to shoot and would have taken it hunting his weekend with confidence.

All in all, this is a fantastic bow. There is really nothing negative or critical to say. The only thing I would add would be quiver inserts so I could have a side-mount quiver. It would be cool to see different length risers and limbs offered too. By the way, I absolutely love the look of the bow and the glass on the limbs is the clearest I have ever seen. Great job on the bow Will, I seriously may order one from you one day. Thanks for the opportunity.

The bow is being shipped to Hermon today....

Offline Will Cocke 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »
Thanks for the reviews.  Keep them coming.

Checkering is coming soon, recurves and hybrids come in a 14,16,and 18" riser. Bows 56-66"

Longbows 16 and 18. 58-66"

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2016, 06:17:00 PM »
I have had the pleasure to shoot the pass around bow the last few days.  As has been stated by previous reviewers, the fit and finish of this bow is top shelf.  I will agree with Paul that the glass on this bow is extremely clear.  

The bow is very shooter friendly.  The grip is very comfortable and torque free.  Coupled with the heft of the laminated riser material made for a very accurate, easy to shoot bow.  

I am a longbow guy at heart so it was no surprise to me that I preferred the longbow limbs.  The recurve limbs didn't disappoint either.  The recurve limbs felt to have a lot early draw weight which no doubt contributes to the speed of the bow.  I had to jump up in spine when shooting the recurve limbs although there is only 2 pounds difference in weight between the two sets of limbs.  

I really was intrigued by the design of both sets of limbs.  Hopefully Will can share some comments on his design.  

The only thing that I would like to change is a slightly longer sight window. I'm sure others get along just fine with this bow, but I think l would prefer his long riser (I measure this riser at 16").

I would like to thank Will for allowing me to have an opportunity to shoot this bow.  I will get it packaged back up and on to the next person this weekend.

Online Dry Creek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2016, 10:35:00 AM »
Do we have any updates?
58" Bear Super Grizzly  45@28
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw 45@30

Offline Breathn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2016, 06:46:00 AM »
Ttt

Offline Sacred mt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2016, 11:41:00 AM »
I'm the next in line to try out the setup..Black River bows.  I'll let you all know....when I get it:)

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2016, 12:32:00 PM »
You'll have it in a couple days. More than likely  on Friday.
Big Ed
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©