3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear takedown latch question  (Read 339 times)

Offline el greco

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear takedown latch question
« on: August 26, 2016, 12:04:00 AM »
Hi folks,
I purchased a used Bear takedown, I believe it is a B riser .
I have never owned one before and I am stocked about finally getting one. As I was taking a closer look at the latches I noticed that on one side. the little screw that attaches the latch on the riser and that sits inside the hole in the limb ,is missing. There is one on the other side, but I am not sure if it is the original or an aftermarket. Would you mind posting pictures of yours?
Also, between the latch and the riser, there seems to be glue? I will try and post pics Saturday morning.
From my cold,dead hands..

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: Bear takedown latch question
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:39:00 AM »
That's a limb positioning screw. Indicates which limb fits in that pocket.  it doesn't hold the latch to the riser.  Hardware stores carry screws that will match it. Folks sometimes take them out if the limb won't fit properly. The bow will function without it.

Don't know what the material is between the latch and riser, but Bear sometimes used that gunk to provide a better fit/support where the latches and limb bed base meet.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 11:28:00 AM »

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 12:05:00 AM »
Bear put the leather in to reduce wear to limb finish.  Call Big Jim's Archery, he may have the locator screw in stock. He has always been very helpful, when I was looking for the latch screws. He might have those in stock. Normally dealers sell the latch and two screws in a kit. Look him up under sponsors.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©