3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: how many  (Read 531 times)

Offline nhbuck1

• Trad Bowhunter
how many
« on: September 07, 2016, 09:13:00 PM »
how many arrows a day do you guys shoot? i know some folks believe in shooting alot some not much at all i was just curious to see what everyone does i think i have been overshooting
aim small miss small

Offline Longbowcrowder66

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: how many
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 09:26:00 PM »
For me, between 75 and 100 arrows a day. Unless I'm shooting bad. If I do shoot bad after a few shots I just quit.
Floyd Crowder

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 09:27:00 PM »
It varies. I shoot as long as it feels good and I am not tired. If I am having a good day, I may shoot close to a hundred arrows. If I am having problems with form and accuracy, or I feel fatigued, I pack it in. Shooting lots of arrows is good only as long as the shots are done with accuracy and good form. Lots of arrows on a "bad" day simply ingrains bad habits. If not in the mood, I simply don't shoot at all.
Sam

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 09:37:00 PM »
Some days I shoot 15-25 good solid shots at varied ranges.  Some days I will shoot 50-75 shots for group at different yardages.  Some days I only shoot a few arrows.  I like to mix it up!

Offline BWallace10327

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 09:40:00 PM »
Who's counting?  If I have time I'll shoot until I'm tired, but not an arrow more.
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 09:59:00 PM »
I would say 100+/day for me. Not every day, but most days.

Bisch

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 07:48:00 AM »
I come from a very structured back ground of practice from my high school and college wrestling days.  Practice must be perfect, and I do subscribe to the idea that poor practice is counterproductive.  I do, however, believe that to commit proper shooting form to autonomous muscle memory it must be done PROPERLY, for as many repetitions as absolutely possible.  You will hear of guys that just shoot one arrow a day, or session.  In my mind that isn't practice, that's simulation of a hunting scenario (also a useful tool).  I believe you should shoot as many arrows as you can and still maintain proper form. For me, I can shoot 100+ arrows before I notice any fatigue.  I will also mention that this is a result of shooting a lot for a long time to build up to that.  

One mans opinion, hope it helps.

Jake
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline dbd870

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 07:55:00 AM »
I try and get in a couple of dozen a day - doesn't always happen though.
SWA Spyder

Offline Shadowhnter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 08:05:00 AM »
I dont shoot every single day. The days I shoot, I send anywhere from 75-150 arrows.

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 08:20:00 AM »
Most days I shoot 24 or so in rounds of 6.  Some days I will shoot a second round in the afternoon that might be up to 50 or 75 arrows (during the school year I shoot before I head off to work, and time is a factor.)
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 09:41:00 AM »
I take 1 to 4 arrows and shoot at least in the 40s up to maybe 60s. My bows are getting up there in weight or I'm getting up there in age :-).

And like most have said if I just don't have it that day I quit. Remember if you can't have fun.

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 09:43:00 AM »
I shoot nearly every day. At the target, probably 10-25 or 30, and usually with only one arrow.
Roving (which I do often), hard to say, maybe 12- a few dozen, in an hour or so rove.
For me, less is more... if done consciously.

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2016, 10:44:00 AM »
I shoot when I can and as much as I want.  It is typically sperratic,at best. With other obligations, I don't have near as much time as I used to.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline GreyGoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
Typically 30.  Most days, but not every day.
Jim

Offline Bvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016, 11:07:00 AM »
40-50 per session.  I TRY for 1 session a day through the week, and 2 sessions a day on weekends.  Notice I said TRY.  Between my work and my kiddos sports schedules I usually average about 5 sessions a week.
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Offline Randy Strickland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 11:07:00 AM »
I've been getting in about 40-50 a day. What I've found hard is breaking in between shots and making sure I'm taking my time on each shot, breathing, focusing, making a good shot. I tend to get in to grooves of just letting loose a bunch of arrows in a row and I know that doesn't help. I have to make myself walk around a bit in between shots and slow down.

Offline dirtguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 11:38:00 AM »
15-50 shots per session.  Once a day on most weekdays.  2-3 times per day on weekends.

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 01:57:00 PM »
This time of year and so close to the hunting season, I only shoot one arrow at the target and then walk and pull it. I may do this thirty to forty times a day.
N/A

Offline forestdweller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 02:07:00 PM »
I am a firm believer that shooting every day is detrimental.

I shoot about every other day and any wheres from 100 arrows up to 300+ arrows when I do shoot.

Offline creekwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2016, 02:30:00 PM »
I have found that shooting 20-50 arrows a couple times a week is what it takes to keep me sharp.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©