3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stupid and EXPENSIVE lesson.  (Read 2142 times)

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stupid and EXPENSIVE lesson.
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »
Sorry for your loss! mY NEW WIDOW IS COMING TODAY AND i WILL SHOOT THE FIRST ARROW IN YOUR MEMORY!!
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Zmonster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by waknstak IL:
Sorry to hear your bow was messed up.You aren't alone. I once drove off and left a Browning Citori in a parking lot of a Public hunting area and didn't realize it till I was 15 miles away at home. I went back and it was gone. I felt sick to my stomach. I raced back there. There was a guy sitting in a truck on the other side of the lot. He rolled down his window and asked what was up. I told him and he pulled my gun out from behind his seat. He said he figured someone would be back for it soon. I really got lucky.
I once lost a nice fishing combo. Cost me $400 when I set it down against the dock, and something must have bit, and drug my rod in the shark infested water. I said to my wife "Its got a cork handle, it will float, QUICK hand me the cat pole with treble hook" Just as she hands it to me, I truned only to watch in sink.  :eek:  
Thats when she said   :mad:  "YOUR NOT GETTING ANOTHER ONE!!  :mad:  " I tried fishing her out treble hooks and weights for about an hour before I gave up, and went home.  :(  That was the nicest set up Ive ever owned.

HOLY COW!!! Talk about luck. Thank goodness that there was a honest person there. If I lost my Citori  :eek:  

Sorry to here about your loss. Hope the rest of your hunt goes well..  :(
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »
I am paranoid about shutting my longbows or for that matter my arrows in the door of my or my friends truck. I'm sorry for your loss but thank you all for the reminders. Accidents do and will happen.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »
That will make a guy  
Bummer on your loss.

Brent

Offline David M. Mathis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 02:32:00 PM »
I have a bow sock that I put in my front seat where if I forget to put my bow in the truck I see the empty sock. Mike

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »
Man oh man a PL no less I feel for you Bud! Put bow away first, put bow away first, put bow away first.....

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »
Yes....VERY painfull.....

I have been wanting a new widow for some time,(this is not what I had in mind for getting rid of the one I had) but it will be a WHILE....BUT life moves on!!
I have been dreaming of a 64-66" PL that is in the lower 40's @ 30" draw.....  Thank goodness for true buddies that will loan you a bow to finish the rest of bow season!!!

Just had to talk about it....makes me feel a bit better and to remind everyone else not to make that same mistake!!!

thanks for hearing my story guys!

citori

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »
I told my wife about what happened to your bow.  A direct quote from her is, "It hurts me to think about that......  $500 right down the f*$%^ing toilet!"

Unfortunately, in your case much more.  

Genuinely sorry.

-Charlie

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »
Easy enough to do. As you can see, there is alot of sympathy for you here.

If it was me, nobody would want to piss me off for a few weeks.

Sorry about your bow man!

Offline Sant-Ravenhill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
Truly sorry about your bow!

Offline Olebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »
I'm with Mr. Leemans on this.  Bows, binocs, guns, fishing poles (especially fly rods), all should be put up and away first!
I know as I've been there and done that myself.
If not, it's just too easy to get thinking of other things or talking to your hunting partner about the big buck you almost got a shot at and  then it's disaster and heart ache!
I am so sorry for your loss.  Olebow

Offline mrgreenhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
Well the only good thing i can say is that least it was a widow !!!! Really i feel your pain ,

Offline OzarkRamblr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »
That's a good argument for going ahead and buying two, that way you already have a back-up...

Sorry about your loss.
"A friend of mine said that I'm lucky, I told him luck has nothing to do with the life I chose, we choose the life we have and don't have, so choose wisely"...Kingwouldbe

Words to live by.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2007, 10:31:00 PM »
You must be the only guy here who doesn't have at least 6 bows on the rack (mea culpa, mea culpa...   :D  ).

Still, You gotta look at the bright side.  Now you have a good reason to get another bow!  If you're like me, you probably have a few tweaks you'd like done to the next one that makes it near perfect...
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline deadpool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »
i would of cried for sooooo long and asked god y!!

y god y!?!

Offline Rico

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
I've been waiting to do that myself have the habit of laying bow on tonue cover dropping tailgate and throwing hunting clotes and packs in truck one of these times I figure I will forget bow is laying there in the dark. Maybe reading about others misfortunes will keep me reminded.
  I hate it when things like that happen then other times I have seen guys drive 100 miles with a coffee cup on there back bumper. Go figure.

Offline dink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »
i thought i was the only one that ever did that on the brite side of my story it was my last compound

Offline chrisg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2007, 02:15:00 AM »
here's a funny thing happened the other day. I am walking to work and a security truck pulls up at the lights I see a milk carton on the back tonneau cover, I think "He's about to lose his lunch". I wave at him and he gives me the thousand yard stare. I think, let's be nice, I approach his truck,(not smart, these guys are tough)well I pick up the carton and show him through the rear window, he smiles and gets out of the cab, as I am walking around the side I notice something else on the cover - a full mag for his .44! I hand the mag to him first and he gives me this funny look, Like "how'd you do that? " As quick as a flash he checks his weapon, no mag! He thanks me awkwardly, says it would have been a bummer of a day ...sure would have. He was glad to get his milk too!
chrisg

Offline rbbhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »
I also learned the hard way that if I put anything on the vehicle,  I put it on the hood right in front of the driver's seat.
RBBHUNT
"Those who will trade liberty for
security, deserve niether" B. Franklin (a long time ago and still valid)

Offline Pete Darby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2007, 07:45:00 AM »
Never left one on the truck or car. but did lean it on the door frame with the door open.  Luckily my wife noticed as I was grabbing the door to close it on the bow.  The good side is I am really careful about where I put my stuff for just a moment.
Pete Darby

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©