3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stupid and EXPENSIVE lesson.  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Grizz 53

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stupid and EXPENSIVE lesson.
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »
I use to be bad about locking my keys in my car when I got to the woods. 4:30 in the morning...heads not clear. Hung a coat hanger in a tree near where I parked. Use it 3 times in one season. I feel for ya.

Offline denny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »
Sorry about your bow, I have a degree from that school myself. denny

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2007, 05:05:00 PM »
Oh man and here I was whining because I lost my fawn distress call the other week (gutting a doe :-D  ) but a bow - ouch!

Sorry for your loss sir.

Offline vermontrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »
Well I guess this is the time to consider the silver lining...

You get to hunt for a new bow!
"Only a fool lean upon his own misunderstanding" -B.Marley

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
Sorry for your loss. That is why I have a standing rule of never putting anything on the roof of a vehicle. Same for leaning guns or bows against a vehicle.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
I believe this crime is punishable by POC caning.    :banghead:
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »
left my cherished selfbow on top of my Jeep after a very hard day of hunting. about 1 mile down the road i hear what can only be a monster sliding of my Jeep roof coming to get me!! i see my bow hit the hood and bounce in to the ditch, scared the Be-Jesus out of me!!! couple of small dings what all it got, i was lucky.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline User Name

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »
Well, I started driving when I was 16.

It took 24 years and who knows how many keys locked in the car to finally figure out to always carry a spare in my pocket.    :knothead:  

I still need to learn to set two alarm clocks when there is something important in the morning - like today when I overslept my hunting partner!  :banghead:

Offline Elk Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2007, 07:39:00 AM »
Sorry for your loss
Das 60" 65#
Border Blk Douglas 62#
New Border  hex 5 limbs 76#
Habu Death adder 64" 64#
ACS CX 29" at 70#

And a yes a Compound just 1

Offline Hook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »
I have come so close to doing the same thing, so many times. It's a very painful loss for you but at least you can see that you are not alone. We have all had our share of oh craps!!!
                              Jim

Offline Mark Trego

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »
Sorry for your loss, but in posting your misfortune you gave the rest of us a wake up call ! Just trying to ease the pain.
" It's Five O'Clock Somewhere"

Offline bowdude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
Sorry for your loss.  Least we all know now not to lend you our bows.    :bigsmyl:

Offline fisheye47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
After turkey hunting this past spring,I left my brand new Nikon binos on the back bumper of my truck-and took off for another hunting spot.Needless to say when i arrived they were nowhere to be found,I spent the rest of the day looking for them.I went back 7 times during the next few weeks and retraced my route-never found them.The only good thing is that after crying to my wife about my loss ,she felt sorry for me and i now have a new pair of Zeiss binos!You might try this at home with your wife--CAM REXER

Offline drags

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »
I truly feel as bad for you as everyone else. I have one question.  Does this incident qualify you as a widower?

Offline Ironman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2007, 02:36:00 PM »
I have a friend that left his 4 year old son on top of his car about 25 years ago. He has 5 children and after a family picnic he and his wife loaded up all of the stuff in the car. He sat his son on top of the station wagon and proceeded to load up the car with other kids and he forgot jr. He did remember him after a few miles. He pulls the car over and his son was hanging on to the luggage rack unharmed. Its funny know but scary then.

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »
I had broken up with my girlfriend and was in a foul enough mood only added to by having to go back into the house to get my forgotten keys when I was in a hurry! I left my bow behind my truck to go get them. No need to guess what happened next! Of course I realized my mistake the very millisecond I ran over it!  :)  After paying about $150 to try to save it it remains a "back-up hope I never have to use it bow!" Looks like S too! BUT! I ordered another Border and since Sid improves his bows about every 15 minutes I ended up with a better looking, better limbed, better grip bow! Almost always a bright side and it is just a funny story now!  :)
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
I have done that with 2 bows, one a compound. I left it on the roof and drove about 5 miles, came to a stop sign and it slide off unto the hood and out into the road and I ran over it myself, did that with a deer when I was kid too!!, That is a diffferent story though. The next time was with a new Kempf Kwyk styk, I left the same place as I did when I killed the first bow but this time I went another route, drove about 6 miles and heard a rattling sound, looked in the back seat and no bow, OOhh OOO!! I come to a slow stop, get out and it is a hanging off my roof rack by my quiver. This is a 55mph. road and I do not do the speed limit. I feel your pain, but I have been there and done that. Shawn
Shawn

Offline citori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2007, 01:47:00 PM »
The bow rode about 1 mile on rough gravel and about 2 miles on a road with a 65mph speed limit!!!  I guess the straps that hold on the northern strap on quiver made it "grip" the truck top for that far.....

Yup.....maybe my mistake will prevent others from doing what I did.....

thanks
citori

Offline hoebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »
yuck
ABR

Offline alpinehunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »
Was doing some still hunting few years back..got 1/4 mile from truck and had to take a "growler" so bad I chose to hurry back to truck...Had toilet paper back there..anyways after I took care of business..needed to get to work and decided to postpone the rest of the hunt. Hopped in truck, backed up and heard a "thunk"..wondered what the hell was that and got out to see my 1 yr. old Kaibab.....no worse for the wear, just a small scratch..musta caught the riser perfectly cuz those small limbs woulda snapped I think..sorry about your loss!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©