3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2017 Trophy Bear Hunts with Russell Outdoor Guides  (Read 230 times)

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
2017 Trophy Bear Hunts with Russell Outdoor Guides
« on: September 15, 2016, 02:03:00 PM »
Hello! I hope those that have already started their fall hunting seasons are having a prosperous and safe time.  Georgia Deer and bear started here but man is it hot!

Just wanting to get a jump on our 2017 Spring Canada bear hunts and announce some changes.  We are going to offer some really awesome rut hunts in 2017 and also offer optional 7 day hunts for the guys that are really want to look over a lot of bears.  Our current plan is to offer a single hunt period and hope that it fills up with all trad gand guys.  

If you are looking for a seriously personal experience this is the hunt for you. Our territory is nearly 1 MILLION acres and we are the single outfitter to hunt this property.  We have some great bears roaming this property and we know how to get trad bow hunters up close and personal with their game. We are 100% shooting opportunity over the last several years on mature bears. This means a bear at 10 yards or less.

Our bait sites are impeccably clean and set for shots of 9-12 yards. Fishing is great after the kill and we have 400+ lakes within our territory. You could see moose, wolves and other awesome things on the beautiful wilderness area. Great cabins, food and a blood dog on-site.    

Currently we have 5-6 spots left and I want to set this hunt in motion asap. My website has a lot of the details but please feel free to contact me with questions. I LOVE to talk bear hunting.  Best time to reach me is at mid-day as I am chasing bears most mornings and rarely have cell service in the mountains. 8:30-9:30 PM EST will work also.

The hunt will be the third week of June.

Take care and good hunting,

Jerry

Pictures of just a few of the Trad Gang members that have hunted with us in the last couple years...

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2017 Trophy Bear Hunts with Russell Outdoor Guides
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 02:12:00 PM »

Offline Fattony77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 05:21:00 PM »
Guys, if you're thinking about going with an outfitter for a bear hunt, you can't go wrong by going with Jerry Russell. I haven't done bears with him yet, but it is most certainly on my bucket list of hunts. I did go on a fishing trip with him earlier this year and added a day of hog hunting. With it only being 1 night that I could hunt, he put me on the best stand he had. I threw him a curve-ball at the last minute and didn't pay close enough attention to his instructions, otherwise I probably would've gotten my first hog that night.

Jerry is a very knowledgeable guy and one of the nicest, most generous people that you could hope to meet. If it's possible to make this hunt, you should.

As for me, I will be starting to save some money so that I can make this trip a reality in a couple of years. So watch out, Jerry! You will hafta deal with me again! Lol.

Good hunting, everybody!

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 08:17:00 PM »
You'll definitely be seeing some good bears

doug77

Offline Etter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 03:40:00 PM »
Me and two trad buddies went to a different camp this spring in Quebec. It was a very well respected camp that usually books 2-3 years out for spring hunts. On the last night of the hunt, I miraculously had phone service and texted Jerry that we hadnt gotten a shot all week. When he texted me back that they were 100 percent the same week, it stung just a little. Lol. Jerry knows bears and he must have some kind of awesome territory.

Me and my buddies had a good time anyway, as everyone always should in the boreal forest. Putting a walleye of a lifetime in the net didnt hurt the memory either.

Ps- Ive been to quebec 16 times for bear and Ive yet to come across an outfit of this reputation or success. Especially for trad guys. Most guides just dont know how to deal with us odd balls.

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »
Hey guys,
I think I have returned all the calls and PMs that have come in.  If I missed you somehow, please call again.  Again, mid day is best to get me live because I am chasing deer and bears out of cell service area.  

I am REALLY looking forward to this hunt.  We have hosted a ton of Tradgang guys in this bear camp over the last few years and it is always a great time.  

Here is a video that does a good job at depicting the area, camps and bait sites we have.  

Let's hunt some bears!

Online dringge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 09:52:00 AM »
If I can make it happen Ill be all over this opportunity. I am just so limited on the dates I have available this coming year.
NRA Life Member

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 05:00:00 PM »
Been away a while chasing mountain bears, deer and hogs in Georgia but I wanted to bump this opportunity back to the top. We still have a few spots and folks you WILL get a chance at a great bear on this hunt.  

Again, we keep the camp very small we have more than 40 years of trad bow experience. I will get you just as close as you want to be to a bear.  Please feel free to call with any questions.

Offline southernarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 09:12:00 PM »
Do you still have 2017 spring spots open?
"We do this for fun, but we aren't playing"

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 07:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by southernarcher:
Do you still have 2017 spring spots open?
Yes we do.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©