3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Traveling to UK  (Read 331 times)

Offline ALDO

• Trad Bowhunter
Traveling to UK
« on: September 21, 2016, 12:35:00 PM »
I have to go on a business trip to the UK, Cardiff Wales.  Has anyone encountered travel issues bring a bow with field tip arrows to the UK?  I have found a lot of places that I may be able to get some shooting in and I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity while there, because the rest of the trip is work so this would be a great outlet.  
Thanks in advance
ALDO
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted."
     Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Traveling to UK
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 03:32:00 PM »
I made 6 trips to the UK when my daughter's family was stationed there. The town she lived in didn't allow the discharge of a bow. So, I left mine at home.

I wish I had made the trip to visit Sid at BBD on one of those trips. But I was sitting for grand children on every trip. Two of our grandchildren were born there. (Mildenhall AFB)  I picked the young's over the bows.

Oh careful if connecting in Amsterdam. They don't like broadheads But, they do like too-tight jackets, high-water pants, and bodies free of deodorant (sorry but my stop over there was the least impressive I've made in 20+ years).

Offline elk nailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 05:58:00 PM »
Took my 3pc. car-I-bow recurve to London in April. No issues. Put it in your checked baggage.

Offline ALDO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 10:16:00 AM »
Thanks.  Now just have to lock down a place to shoot.
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted."
     Jose Ortega y Gasset

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 02:35:00 PM »
I understand there is quite a robust community of archers in the UK, target only, of course, due to their hunting laws.  A friend was touring there, and drove by a field where an archery meet was in process.  He stopped just to look around.  When they found out he was also an archer, they invited him to shoot and loaned him a bow and arrows to shoot with.  I would imagine that if you perused the Internet, you would find a listing of clubs, similar to here.  If you communicated with them in advance, you might get permission to shoot at their club or perhaps they might provide you with information about public archery ranges than might not have an Internet listing.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline ALDO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 03:44:00 PM »
Thanks McDave, have done that and am bring my stuff.  I get there on Sunday morning and there is a shoot not far.  Will go as a guest and if I get the chance to fling a few I will.
Thanks
     Jose Ortega y Gasset

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©