3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Official - Don't Ya Just HATE it when thread...  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
The Official - Don't Ya Just HATE it when thread...
« on: September 26, 2016, 07:44:00 PM »
Don't ya just hate it when your get delayed in knowing when to enter the woods and the game is already on their feet?

Like yesterday, I went bear hunting with a friend of mine and we both split up at the truck, and BOTH of use about stepped on a bear on our way IN!!!  However...ANY bear sighting in the N GA mountains while hunting on the ground is a grand experience in its self!!!

So...care to share your 'Don't ya just hate it when' experiences???

(This should be fun)
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Official - Don't Ya Just HATE it when thread...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 07:47:00 PM »
When you have waited hours in your favorite stand and you start seeing deer and the land owner comes driving through the woods on his ATV to see how your hunting is going!

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »
Don't ya just hate it when you get to the height you wanted to be be in your climber, secure the climber, adjust your safety belt and reach to pull up your bow and pack only to realize you never connected the rope to your gear?

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »
Don't ya just hate it when you rain out at work so you plan to take advantage of your unscheduled day off so you rush to your stand to find somebody else setting in it? Long story, but he ended up hating it too!
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 07:53:00 PM »
I will play along. I hunt public land, so I hate it when I spend a substantial amount of time to find the perfect secluded spot that no one else knows about to hang a stand. Only to find on opening morning that someone else found the same place only 40 yards away! I wish people would look around for other stands before they place there's. Mine are always up the first day the state allows. I don't get it      :dunno: . Yep Mike I've had that happen also!
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 07:59:00 PM »
Don't you just hate it when you get to your hunting area and realize you forgot to put your bow in the truck.  Yep, did that.
PS. Terry, I responded to your email a while back, never heard back from you. Probably went to your junk mail.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 08:02:00 PM »
Don't you just hate it when you go to lower your bow from your stand and realize as your bow is falling that you didn't do a very good job of attaching the rope.  Yep, did that too.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 08:04:00 PM »
My best one isn't mine.
My friend bought eighty acres and was looking forward to being in the stand opening morning before light.

As he sat there, he noticed a intense red glow bouncing along the trail he had come in on.  In a few minutes, he heard voices.  Here came his uncle and his dad smoking a cigar chatting away.  When they saw him in the tree, they inquired in a normal voice "have you seen anything yet?".
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline newhouse114

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 08:06:00 PM »
Oh man, I was 100 yards away and watched a 6x Rosey bull walk within 10 yards of the tree stand I "should" have been sitting in if I would have arrived a half hour earlier.

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 08:08:00 PM »
.... You spend all your free time filling feeders, planting food plots, hanging stands, maintaining blinds and the land owner just ups and decides to let his nephews hunt the property! ( can't really complain to much, it's free)
Or..... When you spend months and months hunting one particular BIG hog with close calls but no shots and then your wife or brother goes and shoots it with a rifle!
Yea, I'm not telling them about any more "big" hogs I find! Lol
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 08:17:00 PM »
Don't you just hate when you get to your truck, pack all your gear in the backseat, hop in and pull out on to the highway only to hear something rumble across the top of the cab about the time you hit 50. Then look into the mirror just in time to see your bow sliding down the road because around 50mph is the speed required to blow your bow off the top of your pickup if you forget to put it inside.

Yep did that to a new Northern Mist Classic a few year back.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 08:20:00 PM »
Don't you hate it when you are sitting in a stand in deep south Texas, waiting for a hog, when 3 rough looking men of Hispanic descent walk by, all carrying loaded down packs, and one of them picks up your arrow that is 20 yards from your stand and looks around to see where it came from. Didn't happen to me, but to my good friend when we were hog hunting along the border. His well concealed blind kept him safe, but he about had to change his shorts.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Online Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 08:35:00 PM »
Don't you just hate it when you figure out your toilet paper ziplock has been punctured on accident and got wet on a previous hunt but has since dried out into one SOLID blob.  Man when nature calls and says, "Ready or not, HERE I COME!!!!" and your out of ammo it puts you in a bad place.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Offline A Lex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 08:38:00 PM »
Don't you just hate it when you have been chomping at the bit for weeks waiting for the hunting season opening to come, you have got all your hunting and camping gear packed, driven the 3-1/2 hours to your favorite hunting camp site, set up the camp, cut a nice lot of firewood, got the fire going, cooked a great feed and you are just settling down to a little nightcap with your feet up by the fire, watching the sun set and really looking forward to the morning.......and then you remember you didn't buy your game license/tags.

Yep, done that ....... once.

Lex
Good hunting to you all.
May the wind be your friend, and may your arrows fly true,
Most of all, may the appreciation and the gratitude of what we do keep us humble......

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 08:43:00 PM »
When it's perfect time but you try to get just a sip of water from a bottle inside you backpack that is hanging behind you. 5 minutes later with most of your backpack contents balancing on tree branches you find the bottle. After returning everything to the pack you can't get one of the darn zippers to close even a little bit.
Then you gotta pee.

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 09:05:00 PM »
Don't you hate it when you drive 385 miles to deer camp... open your duffle bag and find it is full of ski clothing. Yup... did that
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 09:09:00 PM »
Don't ya just hate it when you park the truck, unload your 4 wheeler, gather your gear, ride back a logging road, stash the 4 wheeler, bait your bear crib, climb into your stand only to find out you left your arrows at the truck....

yep, did that one on an Ontario bear hunt!
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Offline tomsm44

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2016, 09:27:00 PM »
......when you sit down against a tree to have a drink of water and rest for a bit, but you doze off......for 4 hours.  Man was I stiff when I woke up.
Matt Toms

Flatwoods Custom R/D:  64", 47@28
'66 Kodiak: 60", 55@28
Redwing Hunter:  58", 53@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter:  58", 47@28
Ben Pearson 709 Hunter:  58", 42@28
Hoots Recurve:  56", 42@28

Offline RJonesRCRV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2016, 09:29:00 PM »
Dont you hate when, for whatever reason, you sleep through your alarm and wake up after daylight, about 2 hours too late, for an early start of hunting.  

Im up at 5am for work, so it happens a couple times a year on my days off. That extra sleep is nice, but you kick yourself when it happens.
Kimsha Mattawoman II 51#
Dale Phillips Nodebow 58#
Kimsha 'Boo Bow 56#
USMC 2005-2010

Offline BWallace10327

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 10:19:00 PM »
Don't you hate it when everything is packed for an away from home trip,everything...except for a bottom bow limb.
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©