3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Official - Don't Ya Just HATE it when thread...  (Read 2699 times)

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Official - Don't Ya Just HATE it when thread...
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 10:19:00 PM »
Don't you just hate it when you are going to your ground blind and when you are about 100 yards from it , you see more deer than you can count . And there no cover for you to even have a chance to stalk up on all those may eyes  and ears .
Yep , happened to me .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 10:40:00 PM »
When my brother helps me hang a stand and says "put it here" and I don't listen because he's not a hunter, only to find out on the first hunt that he was dead right, and my spot was a total flop!

Online Buckeye1977

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 11:01:00 PM »
Don't ya just hate it when you head to the woods after a hard days work and find your pop up blind is no longer there!!!!   :mad:    :mad:    :banghead:    :banghead:
Nick

PBS Associate member
JD Berry Viper 62” 50@28

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2016, 11:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by BWallace10327:
Don't you hate it when everything is packed for an away from home trip,everything...except for a bottom bow limb.
Hahaha that's a good one. Some of these are hysterical. Keep them coming

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2016, 11:15:00 PM »
When you've scouted and put up blinds for antelope. Drop off your friend and his son. As you are walking (in the dark still) to your blind you realize you left your license in your fanny pack back at camp!

Had to sit opening morning out in the truck....oh, after buy friend's son shot his buck they walked by my unoccupied blind!

(Oh, boy, this could be a long thread...I've got too many.)

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 12:02:00 AM »
Don't you hate it when you shoot a groundhog right through the head and it drops like a rock and doesn't move a muscle, and then when you go pull out the arrow, it runs into its hole and you never see it again...
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline Arctic Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2016, 12:27:00 AM »
When you check your trail camera and find a pic of a huge buck at 0959. Then a pic of the same buck running back the way he came at 1000. Then a pic of you pulling the card at 1001.....happened to me two years ago. Right behind my stand.

I can think of several, lol.
Black Widow PSAX 56#@30.5"

Offline Schmidty3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2016, 05:17:00 AM »
Don't ya hate it when...

Someone let's the dog out, and he scent trails you for a mile at a half trot in like 5 minutes, following your exact trail the whole way, circles your stand, smells the tree, and looks right up at you and starts waging his tail???? Usually about 7:30 am of course. That's happened several times!

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2016, 06:44:00 AM »
When you leave a deer over night before tracking during a cold, clear night and when you get up there's 3" of fresh snow covering everything. When you pull into your spot to find said snow covering your pack and bow that was left leaning on the back of the Jeep the evening before, then proceed to break off a side mirror trying to load said deer on top alone...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2016, 07:27:00 AM »
when you drove 127 miles and realize you remembered everything except your bow..

how about drove 70 miles and noticed you have only stump arrows because you went stumping the day before with your hunting bow and wife distracted you when you got home so you forgot to change em back.

I keep toilet paper in all my hunting pants in the back pocket,, well when nature calls I have to remember to replenish that supply back at the truck and well I really hate it when I forget.

but so far this season my only "hate it when" moment was forgetting to bring something warm like a vest or sweater for the chilly morning and forgetting to move all the sticks and crunchy stuff from my approach trail to my stand, crunch, snap, crunch all the way in!
"Us vs Them"

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2016, 07:41:00 AM »
When you drive 70 miles to hunt and realize your quiver is home. Your hunting buddy loans you an arrow and you pass a good buck at 20 yards because you've never shot the arrow and don't want to take a chance on wounding the buck.

That sent me back to bow quivers.

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2016, 07:49:00 AM »
...When you start using non-snapping nocks on your arrows just because you found a bunch free somewhere, and then when shooting, you accidentally slip the nock off the string when drawing, and then you have a dry-fire, and it ends up with the top limb on your $1300 bow blowing up...

Offline EWill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2016, 08:13:00 AM »
When you pull into your usual parking area, see an unknown car, then start remembering all the stories of the meth heads that use the area for their habit. In your state of unrest you gather "all" your gear and after sneaking to your spot you see a nice set of horns bedded 40 yds. ahead. You reach back to grab an arrow and then realize you left your quiver in your vehicle.
"It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy." Romans 9:16 (NIV)

I don't like to be high, low, left, or right.

Offline bear bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2016, 10:29:00 AM »
I scouted a hollow that looked promising, I was in long before daylight(public land). I had a deer under me all morning and as it broke daylight, it was a big bodied buck. He wasn't giving me a shot so I figured, I have all day, why rush. All of the sudden, the buck gets tense and jumps into the thick stuff. Some hunter came in long after daylight, sat at the top of the hollow I was in and rattled for 45 minutes, packed up and left

Online Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2016, 11:49:00 AM »
...when a crow takes a major dislike to you and perches in a nearby treetop and screeches to the world "There's a guy here!" for two hours non-stop?
Aim small,miss small

Offline Russ Clagett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2016, 12:08:00 PM »
When you're hunting out of a pit blind in south Texas and it's a beautiful morning in the brush country...and you feel something rub up on your foot..and it's snake.

Levitating is not all that hard, really.

Offline Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2016, 12:17:00 PM »
Last year I had 133 acres of private land "all to myself", and showed up early to hunt.  On my way to the stand, I heard a truck drive in and park right next to mine.  It was some guy the landowner had allowed to hunt, but I hadn't been notified.  He wanted to hunt the place I was going, so I chose a different spot.  An hour later I ended up helping him drag a huge buck out.  Don't you just hate that...

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2016, 12:42:00 PM »
Clackety clack, clack!! (Translation: Hey deer, clumsy bowhunter up here!)

Bow's hanging, arrow nocked...then arrow comes loose and hits every noisy branch on the way to the ground. Nice sharp broadhead goes right into the dirt.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2016, 02:26:00 PM »
Don`t you hate it when you drive home from Fort Stewart a solid 65 miles and pull in the yard and reach for your bow and its not there. Its laying beside the road where you parked your truck...65 miles away. RC

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2016, 02:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bowwild:
Clackety clack, clack!! (Translation: Hey deer, clumsy bowhunter up here!)

Bow's hanging, arrow nocked...then arrow comes loose and hits every noisy branch on the way to the ground. Nice sharp broadhead goes right into the dirt.
Yes soo much, had this happen this weekend to my lucky broad headed arrow that has killed a bear and elk so far this year

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©