3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Official - Don't Ya Just HATE it when thread...  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Jake Scott

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Official - Don't Ya Just HATE it when thread...
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2016, 03:48:00 PM »
Don't ya just hate it when you drop your thermacell out of the tree and break it into a dozen pieces, then proceed to get EAT UP by every biting critter in the woods for the next three hours.

Don't ya just hate it when you leave your Copenhagen in your other britches.

Don't you just hate it when you shoot a judo to get dialed in from your stand, and hike all the way back to the truck before you remember that you forgot to pick it up.

All examples from this last weekend. Great thread!!   :goldtooth:
FORM FORM FORM FORM

TGMM family of the bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Offline Bvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2016, 04:01:00 PM »
Don't ya hate it when someone thinks your newly planted food plot would be a great place to do donuts with their four wheeler.
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2016, 04:04:00 PM »
Don't ya hate it... running late for a morning hunt the sun starting to peek and you make it into your stand....BUT as your facing the tree hooking your harness into the safety strap you see not one... but TWO!!! shooter bucks 40 yards away walking in on the same trail you took, and your bow is hanging at the end of the rope still on the ground!
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline shankspony

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2016, 04:22:00 PM »
Don't ya hate it when you stalk all day in your sneakiest of sneaky ways and don't quite manage to get in close enough without them busting you.
Then next day take the dog for a walk and find one asleep in a hollow five yards from you as you and dog are clomping around.... Well its one of those hates you wouldnt change though aye.

Offline Cheezer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2016, 04:25:00 PM »
When you take a shot you haven't practiced from a stand and get some string slap which the nice buck hears and then proceeds to ninja under the arrow... Never again if I can help it.

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2016, 07:06:00 PM »
Don't you hate it when you drop an arrow, climb down slowly to retrieve it, and check your cams later that night and see a monster buck running back past your stand behind you that you spooked when you retrieved the lucky arrow?  Grr.

Offline bogeyrider63

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2016, 08:06:00 PM »
Don't you just hate it. when walking in to hunt are undecided in what stand to hunt.
You decide to sit in a particular stand. And while hunting see a nice buck go by the stand you thought about hunting from.

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2016, 08:47:00 PM »
So you pull into where you parked yesterday and there are your insulated boots setting on the ground where you left them the evening before .
Buy the way , snowed all night long too .
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Msturm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2016, 04:36:00 AM »
Don't you just hate it when after calling in sick mid week driving across the island just to get to a hog hunting spot you realize your quiver is full of field points!

Stump shooting day.

Msturm
Stalker Coyote FXT Long bow 49#

Aloha!

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2016, 09:40:00 AM »
I  hated it when....

Around 1984. I was driving my truck with buddy inside. Another pair of friends were following.  It was 90 minutes before dawn.  At a stoplight on the edge of town I decided to get out and do a Chinese fire drill (run around my truck).  Just to make sure everyone was awake!

My favorite warm sweatshirt had been around my waist.  Fell off in the highway half-way around my dash around the truck?

Good thing car jackings hadn't been "invented" yet or my following buddies might have run me over.

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2016, 09:55:00 AM »
Don't you just hate it when----you have to leave your stand early, you have just lowered everything to the ground except your bow-and a studly 10 pointer walks in front of you and proceeds to feed on acorns for 20 minutes at less than 10 yards, giving you every conceivable shot opportunity.  I debated about unstringing my longbow and using it as a spear.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline Tim Finley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2016, 10:51:00 AM »
My wife says don't you just hate it when he leaves his buck lure in his pants pocket and it makes it through the washing machine but the cap comes off in the dryer.

Offline Tim Finley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2016, 10:52:00 AM »
or when you drive all the ways across the state to hunt elk and forget your license at home.

Offline Tim Finley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2016, 10:58:00 AM »
Or when you see a big really big buck antelope bedded next to a small cut at the top of a hill a perfect set up, and you crawl right up on him and he is facing opposite of you and you slowly stand for the shot and you cant believe he isn't instantly running and then you make the big Finley Flinch and miss by 2 feet . Cursing and kicking walk the mile back to the truck get in and then realize you have left your fanny pack in that small cut on top off the hill a mile away !!!!

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2016, 02:43:00 PM »
When you tag out before gun season in your home state of Oklahoma on two bucks and are very happy until you are doe hunting in mid December and have to pass up a pope and young class buck because you were tagged out!
Making it worse, this happens not one year but two years in a row...

Offline Bvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2016, 09:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jake Scott:

Don't ya just hate it when you leave your Copenhagen in your other britches.
Yep..... Did that one today!   :mad:
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2016, 10:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by RC:
Don`t you hate it when you drive home from Fort Stewart a solid 65 miles and pull in the yard and reach for your bow and its not there. Its laying beside the road where you parked your truck...65 miles away. RC
Did That but with a compound and 250 miles! At first I thought is was stolen so it inspired me to go down and buy a recurve I was looking at the time. That's when I went back to traditional gear for good.

Offline Longtoke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2016, 01:29:00 AM »
Only happened to me once but I really hated this.

Left be dazed and confused for a good half minute trying to figure out what happened.
Toelke Pika t/d 54" 52#
Bear Polar 56” 40#
Black Hunter 60" 40#

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2016, 02:11:00 AM »
Sorry for being politically incorrect in advance.  This spring  second time out turkey hunting.  Beautiful day, but don't you just hate it when you first think you hear a herd of something is coming up the hill and it is two young guys, holding hands come strolling along and talking about this totally awesome store is the mall that has totally awesome clothes.  We just have to go there.  That sign that points to the historic site of the Waterman graveyard is to blame I am sure.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2016, 07:37:00 AM »
Don't you hate it when you sit as late as time allows. When walking away, you look back to see a nice buck standing right at your spot x3 in the same week.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©