3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good luck NY bowhunters - 2016  (Read 11497 times)

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good luck NY bowhunters - 2016
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2016, 09:58:00 PM »
You da man Mike!! Even with a hurt hand, told you to never get rid of the Bighorn.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline Richard Rounds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2016, 05:25:00 AM »
Congrats to everyone!

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2016, 03:52:00 PM »
Out thus morning for a walk around on the property. Couple of old rubs but that's it
“Respect nature and its ways, for it will teach you more than you know.”   M.P.

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2016, 06:43:00 PM »
Congratulations to you guys!
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline NANUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2016, 09:24:00 PM »
Congrats Wetfeathers!!!  Way to get it done!!!
" Don't be bitter, Be better!"

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2016, 09:47:00 AM »
While getting dressed Saturday morning at my hunting spot a here a deer coming and switch on my headlamp. See the bright eyes and a doe comes within 20 yards and veers to my right. Finish getting dressed and ready to head to my stand and I hear another deer. Hear some grunting and here comes a nice 8pt walking in to me. He got as close as ten feet thinking I was the doe and then went to my right also. Good thing it wasn't legal shooting light. lol
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2016, 11:20:00 AM »
3 hour sit this AM.....not even a chickadee or blue jay was seen. Have not seen a deer while hunting this year.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2016, 09:38:00 AM »
Sat for 2 hours before the wind drove nuts and I got down. Saw two squirrels and had a doe blow me out when I first got there.

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2016, 10:39:00 AM »
Sat for 3 1/2 hours this morning . Squirrels were running around like mad. Saw 3 turkey out about 50 yards. No deer. After climbing down out of my stand I took a little walk and found a fresh rub line that wasn't there last week. I'm gonna set up in the area on the ground tomorrow afternoon.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline nashoba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2016, 11:28:00 AM »
Had 3 small bucks go by me at 50 yards out   around 9:00 this morning.

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2016, 04:56:00 PM »
Congrats Mike!! Great job. Love reading all the stories. Work has been keeping me busy. I was out over the weekend in the rain & wind & got cold & wet. Loved it anyway. Good luck guys & gals.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2016, 07:14:00 PM »
Went for a scouting/sneak and peek/still hunt this after noon late. Gone about 3 hours. Very windy but I played the wind for a bit and then it went crazy, swirling in every direction then sleet/snow for a bit.......decided to pack it in. Saw lots of turkey sign.......not much else.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline swampbow2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2016, 07:46:00 PM »
I shot over a decent sized 8pt yesterday morning.It should have been a cake shot ; 20yds broadside.I gotta remember to aim low when in a high stand !Later in the day I watched a redtail hawk miss a strike at a squirrel not 30yards from my tree .It made me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only hunter who misses.

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2016, 08:27:00 PM »
Got out Sunday afternoon and saw a doe with a fawn, snuck out for a couple hours tonight and a six pointer came in and worked the community scrape over good peeing on his hocks walking away then coming back and doing it all over again. 41 degrees and a stiff wind made it feel fall like ! It's only getting better ..
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2016, 07:05:00 AM »
:campfire:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline elkhunter-27

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2016, 09:10:00 AM »
I had a spike come in yesterday and freshened my mock scrape.  I had a fawn come in the day before that was really thin (could count ribs thin).  It didn't seem to be sick.  The farmer that owns the land I hunt said that there were 3 does hit by cars in August on the road that goes by the farm.  He thinks it was possibly one of their fawns I saw.  It can forage, but it didn't get enough mothers milk to fatten up.

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2016, 11:57:00 AM »
Got out to a new spot last night snuck in got in and settled. around 430 saw some legs for a second then they were gone. 45 minutes later here come a doe up the hill. Never came close but she went right to the area I saw movement before and disappeared. I figure there must be a black hole in that spot were the deer are disappearing. Crazy! I had a falcon or a small hawk buzz me at about 2 feet. I had a small sapling in front at about 4.5 feet and the hawk flew in between me and that tree. I just heard a swoosh and looked up in time to see a streak go by! Really cool when they are that close!

Offline wetfeathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2016, 09:17:00 PM »
I finally got out this morning but it was already light out as I entered the woods.  I was walking on a logging road to my " honey hole" but before I could get there I ended up walking up on a doe.  She was about 30 yards away and looking away from me when a spike walked onto the roadway. he saw me but wasn't too concerned and grunted and harrassed the doe off the roadway.  Then I couldn't have taken more than 10 steps and I see a sapling shaking so I knew there was another buck there.  I stopped and nocked an arrow as it was only 20 yards from me now.  When he finally entered the roadway I could see he was a nice young 8 point.  He saw me and became a little nervous and turned back the direction he came. when he began to leave the roadway he stopped with his head in the brush and his whole body was exposed broadside.  Any other year my buck tag would have been filled but I'm chasing a true giant this year and decided it was still too early in the season to shoot this guy. I have to admit that I was very tempted though.  I decided to turn around and still-hunt my way back so I didn't disturb them any further. They seem to be moving more now.
Love your kids.... spend time.  not money.

Christain Bowhunters of America

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: October 26, 2016, 09:40:00 PM »
Cool experiences Matt and Michael.  I am looking forward to this weekend. 2 1/2 days of pure hunting with good friends.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2016, 04:57:00 AM »
Should be a good weekend Charlie. Best of luck to all.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©