3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good luck NY bowhunters - 2016  (Read 11489 times)

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good luck NY bowhunters - 2016
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 06:39:00 PM »
Hey Charlie,

Congrats on your pending move! Nice to see that the pieces are falling in place since we spoke at OxTAR. All the best.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2016, 07:02:00 PM »
Best of luck to all who will be hunting this year, hope'n for some great weather to make this a season to remember.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2016, 07:09:00 PM »
Nyron congrats to you!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2016, 08:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by huntryx:
Where are you going Charlie?
Good luck everybody!
Hi Susan,  I will be headed west to be closer to Family in Central WI, Wausau to be fairly exact. But I may be within a 30 minute radius, depending on lodging and work.  There are a lot of things I will miss about NY, mostly my friends and mountains, But there are a lot of things you can keep.

Pete, Thanks for the kind words.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 07:18:00 PM »
can't wait to watch the sun rise with bow in hand tomorrow!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2016, 08:12:00 PM »
Good luck Ken & everyone else out there. I too will be watching the sunrise hoping I get to release an arrow.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2016, 12:28:00 PM »
Slow morning but at least the rain stopped. Squirrels were active and I passed up several good shots but didn't want to jinx the deer hunting.......should have shot......   :biglaugh:  The new ladder stand seems to be working well but I do have to trim back the stuff I take.....no need to carry all that stuff just for a 4-5 hour hunt. Knife, rope snacks and some water will be the rule for now.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2016, 12:36:00 PM »
didn't see a deer passed shots on turkeys guess I should have tried, a bird in the hand...

Offline wetfeathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2016, 01:07:00 PM »
I hunted a piece of state land this morning that is LOADED with acorns.  I had the woods to myself as the rain seemed to keep most guys at home.  I saw 6 does and a small 6 point.  No shots presented themselves but it was the perfect morning to be out still-hunting.  I look forward to hunting this spot again soon.
Love your kids.... spend time.  not money.

Christain Bowhunters of America

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2016, 10:17:00 PM »
I saw a few does, passed on a shot straight down. Also saw two grouse.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2016, 10:19:00 PM »
Day went all wrong. Planned on hunting today but life happens. My wife & I had to take our 6yo cat to the vet. Kidney failure. We have been giving him IV fluids @ home 4 a week now with no improvement. Last ditch effort is 3 days there running fluids 24/7 & if no improvement we will have to put him down. He's our youngest cat & very young 4this. We have no children & our pets are our kids. Went to the woods this afternoon & cried in my treestand. Gave up after a short while & started walking out & got busted by a deer on the way out. Heavy heart & hoping for the best but realistic about the outcome. Good luck to all of you & may your arrow stay true.

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2016, 06:28:00 AM »
Sorry about your kitty--pets are family, for sure. Hope he makes it.

Charlie I wish the best for you in your move.

Opening morning was devoid of deer or anything else for that matter. Woods in our area are thick, thick and I think it will be a week or two before that changes. It is still  a bit too warm. The deer are deep blue gray already, so they're not moving much at 60 degrees. Acorns are there but not as many as there should be, and apples are very spotty. Still, the fawn crop was good and there are plenty of "horns" if not big ones.  I live in hope......

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2016, 07:34:00 AM »
Sorry to hear about your Pet Daniel and I know the feeling.We are unable to have kids either which means very spoiled pets.

Thank you Susan.

I couldn't hunt yesterday morning due to a House inspector so I went and collected the trail camera.  In the afternoon, I had a doe who came in and winded me 4 times.  its the first time hunting the spot and she came from a  direction I wasn't expecting.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2016, 10:26:00 AM »
Slow up in the Catskills yesterday. Misty rain all Friday and Saturday. Sat all morning Saturday, nothing. Sat Saturday night on the edge of a field and had a coyote come in within 5 yards. He came in from behind me so no shot.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2016, 11:18:00 AM »
took my boy out in the backpack last night not expecting anything. peaked in to the field from the hedgerow opening and there stands 2 does 25 yards out feeding towards us. nocked an arrow, went to 1 knee and my boy finally saw them "OHHHHHHHHHHH" and as they snapped to attenting and turned with flags up he shouts "GOOOOO!" lol he says GO any time something is walking away or going bye bye. it was a great night I will remember often. GO Daddy GO GO.....

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2016, 01:54:00 PM »
At least you guys have had some close encounters.Good on you for taking the boy out,Ken.

Haven't been out yet...might try an evening or 2 this week.

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2016, 01:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by adkmountainken:
took my boy out in the backpack last night not expecting anything. peaked in to the field from the hedgerow opening and there stands 2 does 25 yards out feeding towards us. nocked an arrow, went to 1 knee and my boy finally saw them "OHHHHHHHHHHH" and as they snapped to attenting and turned with flags up he shouts "GOOOOO!" lol he says GO any time something is walking away or going bye bye. it was a great night I will remember often. GO Daddy GO GO.....
Love it!
I got back from the Moose River Plains, no deer sighted while hunting but had a good time in the wilderness.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2016, 03:27:00 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes. They mean a lot. Charlie, I hope you enjoy your next adventure. Ken, I'm so glad your boy is getting brought up right & will always love the great outdoors. Just heading in now for a couple hours of therapy. And thanks also Susan. They are my babies.

Offline Shinnecockfly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2016, 01:22:00 PM »
Wasn't able to hunt opening day as I worked but went out yesterday later start then I wanted. Had a doe stomping as I opened my truck door at the parking space, jumped couple more walking in. Was already light so found a spot off the trail near some sign and set up ghost blind for the first time. Say for a couple hours then moved to another spot for a little middle of the day scouting. Jumped couple does that were bedded and got real close to a doe bedded before she figured me out. Good sign seeing all the deer even with the heavy pressure of openin weekend. Will be using the ghost blind 90% of the time this year not a fan of climbing trees. Will do a full review at the end of the season with hopefully some hharvest pics with in front of blind!!!! Good luck this season to everybody!!!

Trad titan 62" 50#
Northern mist classic 68" 52#
Martin hunter 62" 50#
Martin savannah stealth 62" 40#
Bighorn ramhunter 62" 60#
Bismillah

Offline elkhunter-27

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2016, 02:18:00 PM »
crotch horn, I know how you're feeling.  We just found out our 11 yr. old lab has cancer in his left eye and his lungs.  My wife asked our veterinarian who is our nephew, how long does he have?  He said to enjoy him while you have him, so that's what we're doing.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©