3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: anyone hunt with a clicker?  (Read 4016 times)

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: anyone hunt with a clicker?
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 05:52:00 PM »
Here is a picture of one of my bows showing where I generally mount my clicker.

The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Online buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 09:35:00 PM »
I adjusted my clicker to the lower limb. Less cord and less of an eye sore. These are the results, i think I'll keep it.  

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 09:41:00 PM »
I have a good friend who never visits this forum. He's the closest thing to a hit man with a recurve bow I've ever seen. Been all over the world taken lot's of critters with a clicker. So I'd say they work.
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline Jerrynocam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 05:29:00 PM »
Ok Three Rivers sells two clickers, the crick-it and the clikety-klicker, any preference?

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »
Crick-it for sure.  They are basically the same but the Clickety-Klik has a longer base plate than the Cricket which has no function. Both work the same.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Caleb Monroe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2016, 06:49:00 PM »
I have had both the clickety click is louder than the cricket I think. I have the clickety clicks on my bows.
Sweka St. Jude Hill Style 70" 50@31"
Wild Horse Creek Condor 64" 55@31"

Offline scruff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2016, 06:07:00 PM »
Appreciate all the info. I just ordered one. I've been shooting over 55 years, never used one- but some recent "lack of consistency " (aka misses....,) has me thinking. I understand the installation process and the need for consistent anchor and back/shoulder pressure. My question is: "are you releasing as soon as it clicks?", if so, is the basic process- to slowly draw, find your anchor points, focus on your target, then increase the shoulder pressure (I call it rolling my shoulder) until the click, then release.   This old timer appreciates your thoughts. Thanks

Offline forestdweller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2016, 06:54:00 PM »
As long as you don't use one on a longbow, that's taboo  :D .

Offline Caleb Monroe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2016, 07:51:00 PM »
Sorry forestdweller I'm taboo.

Scruff my shot sequence goes something like this.

Draw Anchor Aim/Pick a spot
Increase back tension until it clicks then relax string hand.

I use Joel Turners system using the clicker as my trigger. The combo has given me a lot more confidence in my shooting.

Good Luck
Sweka St. Jude Hill Style 70" 50@31"
Wild Horse Creek Condor 64" 55@31"

Offline forestdweller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2016, 09:42:00 PM »
I was only joking haha, whatever works for you I just prefer to shoot barebow for the challenge and pureness if you can call it that.

Offline TURKEYFOOTGIRL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2016, 11:08:00 PM »
I love my clicker for hunting the only problem is it rarely goes off when i shoot a deer! Target panic never completely goes away for me....
"Life's too short for ugly bows n arrows" Chris B

Offline cch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2016, 09:02:00 AM »
I buy whatever clicker is the cheapest. If it is the one with the longer mounting plate I just cut it off flush with th blade. I also replace tape with the 30# 3M double sided tape. Taking old clickers off I use some string and slide it under and cut through tape.

Offline scruff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2016, 10:39:00 AM »
Thanks  Caleb,  i do not know anything about "Joel Turner" system.  Where can I read that.  I shoot a recurve.
Really appreciate the responses.
DK

Offline Jerrynocam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2016, 03:47:00 PM »
Thanks for the info

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2016, 04:08:00 PM »
Scruff, do a Google search for Joel Turner Ironmind archery system.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2016, 04:10:00 PM »
Is a clicker mostly for helping out guys who are having trouble reaching full draw?

Offline scruff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2016, 08:41:00 PM »
Thanks I just ordered Joel's videos

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2016, 09:36:00 PM »
Yes, Jon, most people who use a clicker do so to get to a full draw.  The guys I know who use them (me included) do so to manage target panic issues.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2016, 10:30:00 AM »
Gotcha. Thanks David. Fortunately for me I have no issues getting to full draw. It's AFTER I hit full draw when my issues begin. Lol.

Online buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2016, 12:01:00 PM »
Jon,

Many of you guys have been at this a lot longer than I have but when I first picked up a traditional bow I never had issues reaching full draw, and that was a fairly heavy bow at #55 lbs. I was in high school and playing football at the time so strength training made a big difference. It wasn't until a few years ago that I began to short draw my bows. All of them! Even light bows in the 40-45 lb range I had to talk myself into getting to full draw. This obviously led to extreme frustration and inconsistent shooting. My accuracy wasn't always the issue but my form was just always different. Since installing the clicker I seem to be getting back to full draw more consistently. Although I like to consider myself an instinctive shooter there have been instances so far where I have released without clicking the clicker. My mind tells me everything is correct therefore my hand releases, the only thing I am thinking about is the target. I am hoping that in the long run the clicker gives me more consistent form, but I'm beginning to agree that "target panic" or whatever I am doing never really goes away because that is the way my mind has been trained since I started shooting instinctively.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©